Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Different Lasers Trouble on PS3 60G CECH03?

Hello,

I have a strange problem with a particular PS3 laser replacement. The unit I'm trying to repair is a 60g CECHC03 with a faulty laser(the laser won't read blu-ray disks but will read all other types of different formats like DVD and CD-R) that needed a replacement.

The problem is that I have replaced the laser twice with two different lasers with the model number KES-400A that have already being tested by me and seem to be working perfect on a CECHG03 PS3 model but the same problem occurs on all lasers with inserted into CECHC03 (No Blu-Ray support).

I know the problem must consist somewhere else or perhaps it is the wrong laser model that I'm using but I have check it out from different sources and it seems to be correct.This is the same model that plays PS2/PS1 games.The deck on this model is KEM-400AAA.

I hope that I have given you enough information on this problem if not please ask. Thanks to anyone who can help fix my problem.

If BR disk is spinning after laser change, but can't be detected in XMB - good chance that you have not original BR drive in you system . Try to run any downloaded psn game - if you get black screen and system lockup , then your drive is swaped from another ps3 and that is bad news ...

Have you tried Recovery Menu?

I know i have seen a lot of people with BD problems and Most get fixed by just doing a PS3 System restore in the Recovery Menu.

Thank you for your quick replies.

I will try the recovery menu option first to see if that can help. I will also find out If I have the correct Blu-ray disk drive for the PS3 CECHC03. Is there anyway of knowing if a disk drive is incorrect?

... by running demo game from hdd, or if your ps3 is jaylbroken - homebrew apps will black screen too .

Sorry for my stupidity for not reading your post last time Rolf2.I checked for downloaded content and their was a PS1 game their and it worked fine so then I recovered the system after convincing the owner that he could re-download his saved content again and hells bells IT WORKS!!

Thanks to both posters and here is some rep.