Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Ecniv Guest

creating .sh help?

Hey,

first off all thx in advance for the help... I`m the proud owner of a Sony Ericson Experia X1 but every time I want to start my psfreedom hack I have to type more words than you can find than some novels so I`m trying to create a somewhat of a .bat file...

In windows CMD I`m already a bit off a n00b but I can`t make shit out of Xandroid so I was hoping somebody here could help me create and run that file..

Here is the info about the set up:

I run haret out off the root of my sdcard and placed the psfreedom.ko file there as well

I`ve placed the latest payload file (hermes4b renamed "payload.bin") in proc-->psfreedom-->payload; payload.bin

I tried making the .sh myself formulated this myself as such:

su
    insmod /sdcard/psfreedom.ko
    cat /sdcard/payload.bin > /proc/psfreedom/payload

saved it as playstation.sh

and put that in the root of my sdcard as well but when I thry to run it as ./playstation.sh I get this message:

not found.sh
    no such file or directorypsfreedom.ko
    playstation.sh line3: can`t create /proc/psfreedom/payload: nonexistent directory

Can somebody please help me fix this??

sykoNsc Guest
    think you can upload all the files you're running and a screenshot of your phone filedirectory? if you can do this, i may be able to see where your error is coming in from.. also is your phone rooted and such as you may have to have superuser permissions to run a custom .sh

CJPC Guest
    Your problem is that, if you run a shell script - you do have a header correct, something along the lines of #!/bin/sh , then make sure to do a chmod +x on it - to make it executable!

Ecniv Guest
    *Update* I found the first mistake myself I "misplaced" the payload.bin it should have been at the root of my sdcard...

sykoNsc: I`m going to try and make a screenshot of the root and involved folders...

CJPC: Thx for the tip but as I said I`m not worth much in scripting and english isn`t my primary language as well so I`m strugling quite a bit to understand what you wrote....

both of you Thx so much 4 helping me...

CJPC Guest
    If you can, attach your .sh file here, and I can take a look at it!

Ecniv Guest
    Here it is, don`t get your hopes up though it quite "basic"

CJPC Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecniv View Post
    Here it is, don`t get your hopes up though it quite "basic"
    Ok, try this instead (it shall run)

#!/bin/sh
    su
    insmod /sdcard/psfreedom.ko
    cat /sdcard/payload.bin > /proc/psfreedom/payload
    Just copy and paste all of that, and give it a run then it should do what you need!

Ecniv Guest
    not found.sh: line 2 su
    nonexistent directory playstation.sh line3: can`t create /proc/psfreedom/payload

Small changes but no luck yet...

CJPC Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecniv View Post
    not found.sh: line 2 su
    nonexistent directory playstation.sh line3: can`t create /proc/psfreedom/payload

Small changes but no luck yet...
    I just re-read your original post, are you using windows? If so - that's why it won't work, try linux!

Ecniv Guest
    Do you mean I have to write it in linux??

If so it`s all over for me unless xandroid has a scriptprogram as well??

Page 1 of 2 12 Last