Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    natey2 Guest

Charge controllers with PS3 off help?

Any way to charge game controllers with the PS3 off? I hooked up a powered USB hub, and the controllers still won't charge unless the PS3 is on.

PS3 4.11

Bartholomy Guest
    You can charge your controller even with a computer, using your hub. Obiouvsly if you was expecting a charge using your hub plugged on your ps3 when off, it will not work..

Portalcake Guest
    Or you could get a Common Charger (DC5V on power rails, D+ and D- lines shorted) and leave it on the tap for the night.

My Galaxy Tab 8.9's charger works just fine for this purpose.

bitsbubba Guest
    any USB to AC wall outlet (any phone charger with mini USB, iPhone charger w/ USB cable, etc...)

racer0018 Guest
    I use a charge unit i bought at kmart for 10.00 dollars, it charges 4 at one time, not to bad.

HeyManHRU Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomy View Post
    You can charge your controller even with a computer, using your hub. Obiouvsly if you was expecting a charge using your hub plugged on your ps3 when off, it will not work..
    Exactly, I just charge my controllers while I'm on my PC.

B4rtj4h Guest
    Only downside is when connected to a PC is that you need to resync them. Thing i did is go to Intertoys etc and buy a cheap ass 5V USB adapter. It works perfectly!

Ni72ous Guest
    I never had to re-sync my controls after charging on pc usb.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk.

elser1 Guest
    even if you do need to rsync controllers, which you won't if you leave controller off i believe its no big deal eh.. LOL

Bartholomy Guest
    Aye lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last