Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Can't run PS3 games help?

So my PS3yes just arrived, I upgraded it and was able to get the whole package running. Using Hermes v4 since I don't want to lose the auto feature of ps3yes just yet.

However I can't really get games to run, I don't have my external hdd here so I used FTP (blackbox's ftp with winscp) to transfer games to the internal hdd and wanted to play off that.

The only thing I was able to get running is Wipeout HD (only with Gaia manager direct booting), everything else just goes blackscreen then drops back to the xmb (Tekken 6 gave me an error about corrupted gamesaves, while Army of Two just got stuck on black screen).

I don't have a disc in the drive (or a disc at all), and have tried pretty much all managers.

What could be the problem I ask of you?

after you choose the game from your internal/external drive (without disc in tray) when your returned to the xmb goto games app folder and press X. then the game starts

I have this problem sometimes, Tiger Woods 11 and SAW doesn't seem to start at all and I have others that do the same.

Lightbulb

Some games require a disc in the drive, check the compatibility list.

Quote Originally Posted by Nespavost View Post
    Some games require a disc in the drive, check the compatibility list.
    which can be found here here but doesn't really tell you much about if a disc in is needed.

Hv4 was a bad build, since Hermes has put out an update Hv4b (Hv4 has wrong files is what Hermes said)