Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Can You Play Region 2 DVD Movies on a U.S.A. PS3?

Is there some hack to allow the ps3 to play DVD movies from any region? If not is there a program out there that I can use to patch my movie isos to region zero and re burn them?

As far as i know, there is no way to play R2 DVDs on a USA PS3.

But you can decrypt your DVDs, make a region patch and burn them on an DVD+-R. The are various programs on the net. Google for "DVD Decryptor" or "DVD Fab".

Hope i could help! (and excuse my bad english )

I think region 2 uses PAL so even if you were to remove CSS encryption and region coding on the disk, the US PS3 won't play it. I have a US PS3 and find I cannot play Region 4 titles even if they have no region code on them - the PS3 complains about not being able to play PAL discs.

There is a way out of it. Rather than create a DVD image of the title, use DVD Shrink or whatever to rip the 4 or more vob files into one large vob file. If it's less than 4G burn the one file to a DVD and that will play on the PS3. It seems that while the BD/DVD player in the PS3 will not play PAL titles (for a US PS3) XMB doesn't care. And with the latest firmware you can get some of the upscaling features that are in the BD/DVD player

not possible, get a cheapo dvd player.. that has a way to make it region free.