Is there a computer program that I can used to update/repair my USB dongle? When I stick it in my computer, I hear the usb sound (hey something just connected), but I have no idea how to access it.Sponsored Links
Not even sure it's my problem, but I figured if I found the proper firmware it help me in my situation.
bought an original Fat ps3 (with the 4usb ports and card readers) off of craigslist which was upgraded with a 1tb drive and booted off a lil red pic18 usb dev kit dongle (using 3.41 firmware) running multiman and blackftp.
System was running fine and then to make space I was deleting previous owner game saves, now when I reboot and attempt to go into dev mode (power, than eject button) it doesn't recognize the USB dongle until after bootup and says not recognized. Not sure what to do from here, so I figured the 1st place to start was the dongle.
And yes, I've called and emailed the seller, but no response at all...
QUESTION THAT NO USERNAME ASKED ME:
hat do you need the dongle/USB for any way ? What does the PS3 do without a dongle. Is it a CEX or DEX?
What OFW is on the PS3 at the moment? Did you try to install a CFW?
Thought I needed dongle to magic happen. PS3 is currently running firmeware 3.41. When I boot up without the dongle, I don't see the two folders that I would normally see (Install app folder) and 2nd one I don't remember path). When I click on multiman or Blackftp .. I get errors.
I was told this was a DEX machine. And I have not tried to install a CFW (and I'm not sure what that is... lol).
SEP 25th, I still don't know what the hell I'm doing and I'm a moment away from just rocking in the corner... lol.
1. Will I need to take the drive out and hook it up to computer to install updated multiman, blackftp and newOS so that I can run my backup games.
2. My goal was to reinstall whatever was missing so that I can keep the structure of the drive and use what I have on there. Will I have to start all over again?
3. Are there other ftp programs other than blackftp for me to connect to the box in the current state?
4. Do I even need the damn dongle??
5. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...