Sponsored Links

PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Cool [UnAnswered] Can edit firmware of blu-ray drive on ps3 ?

Sponsored Links
    can edit firmware of blu-ray drive on ps3 ? on linux os ?

Big Grin

Sponsored Links
    NO ... ... as far as i know , you need a modchip to do something like that ...

no you can't modify the drive firmware not even with a modchip... with the modchip (infectus) you can modify "normal" firmware updates, but not the firmware in the blu-ray drive...

Why do you need that ?

For what its worth, the firmware on the Blu-Ray drive is encrypted- Sony learned their lessons when the 360 got backups running like that!

Lol, why would u ever do that?

+ who would write that new firmware?

The idea is, forgetting that its encrypted is not to write new firmware, just to modify old firmware. Specifically to always return a proper answer on a disk media/valid disk check.

The firmware, which I know cannot be modified. Only you can touch in the memory flash of her ps3 with a mod-chip, but well that could edit the firmwares of her ps3.

A greeting to all.
    Last edited by trapicheo; 09-24-2008 at 11:27 AM

Not right, we can correct the flash with ECC tool ! This meens we can edit the ps3īs FW !

EDIT:

@ CJPC

does this meen that every game ask for the validation of the BD FW?
    Last edited by cfwprophet; 09-24-2008 at 02:06 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm hoping the ECC tool will open up a lot of new fixes, such as getting rid of DVD & BD region coding which is technically illegal here in Australia.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS4 Downloads - PS4 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 4 News