Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

jarvis Guest

Burning large PS3 package installs to Blu-ray help?

Hi all,

I'm just curious if any of the following is possible now on recent cfw and/or multiman. I'm trying to conserve hard drive space

1) is it possible to burn large package installs to DVD/bluray data disks and install from that media as opposed to copying the package to the local harddrive (Or USB)?

2) can you burn retail games to a bluray and play them normally as if it was purchased?

If any of these are possible and there is a link to a tutorial please point me in the right direction. Thanks for the help!

Jashun Guest
    I'm pretty sure you can...

But if you have a copy of a game that you've downloaded from the PSN store or you got a .pkg file from PSN Stuff and you extract it and convert it to a disc version. (Sorry if its not the correct term)

Then I guess burn those files to the disc i think it might work..... Im not sure i've never done something like this soo.

JeoWay Guest
    No. The official Blu-ray disks that have the actual paid game on them are encrypted.

Now, if you are on a Custom Firmware, you can burn it to a regular DVD or Blu-ray disk and run it through multiMAN