Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

james11417 Guest

Bricked PS3 help?

I'm on and off on the PS3 scene so I'm not really up-to-date until there's something I want to play. I was trying to figure out how to get DLC to work using vsh.self and ReactPSN an hour or 2 ago. I followed a tutorial (game-tuts.com/community/f78/reactpsn-v2-20-a-110770/) but as I was trying to follow step 7) Now in multiMAN's File Manager copy the vsh.self file to /dev_blind/vsh/module, the console froze.

I waited 15 minutes because I know turning off something during a flash is a bad thing but nothing happened. The screen was stuck. Long story short, I shut it off and now the PS3 won't boot. I'm on kmeaw 3.55 if it matters.

I can turn the PS3 on and all the lights come on, but there is nothing on my screen. I tried resetting the video output for HDMI but nothing comes on.

The only thing that comes on is recovery mode, which gives me some hope. However, when I select the option to rebuild database or restore PS3, it runs for 30 seconds then a rainbow screen flashes for a second then screen shuts off (the PS3 is still on, but no video).

Do I have any other options? What else can I try to unbrick my console? Just want to factory reset it, I don't care about my data, saves! Thanks in advance.

Never mind, I used recovery to factory reset it. Didn't know it was that simple!

Quote Originally Posted by james11417 View Post
    Never mind, I used recovery to factory reset it. Didn't know it was that simple!
    Glad ya got it sorted, and so I will mark this as Answered now as well!