Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Xbonez Guest

Bad PS3 USBjailbreak adapter (red) help?

I've tried everything I could find over the last 3 hrs, and nothing is working.

Just got a PS3 USB jailbreak adapter (red) today, I have a 3.55 (just had to play GT5 before surfin the hacks hehe) CECH 2501A. Now i've read that this is one of the slims that can be downgraded w/o bricking. went to the site, downloaded their Ps3USBJailBreak Programming Tool V1.3.0 For Windows7, installed the "3.55 spoofing for 3.41" payload.

But no matter what i do, I can't get the Dongle to stay green and even show up on the PS3 in any way. I just flashes Red/green. And the PS3 is not affected. What the heck am I doing wrong here?

I'm completely new to the PS3 scene, and really feel like a Newb now HELP!! heheh Thanks in advance

P.S. As i'm in a No broadband area, i'm not at all concerned with PSN, so not worried with being banned.

wilpac05 Guest
    the firmware you put on your jailbreak, 3.55 spoofing for 3.41 is a jailbreak payload. you need a downgrader firmware which I assume is also on their website. I don't have usbjailbreak so I don't know if they do or not. once you've done that follow this thread

http://www.ps4news.com/forums/ps3-ha...le-116965.html

Xbonez Guest
    Thanks so much mate, spot on, and a quick reply to my prob.

The rest was a cakewalk

Take care

wilpac05 Guest
    your welcome, that's what these boards are for