PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!

[Answered] Backup Manager 1.1 question

I've read it's suppose to be released on 9/15, however, I also heard it's going to have some protections to prevent it from working with certain jailbreak devices.... What's the info on this? How do you know if you have a jailbreak device that's going to be 'supported'.
    Best Answer - Posted by PS4 News:

I wouldn't worry about it until it's released and examined, but supposedly it will only work with the official PS JailBreak USB mods... not any clones (those purchased from a site other than those linked on the official one). Time will tell for sure!

I wouldn't worry about it until it's released and examined, but supposedly it will only work with the official PS JailBreak USB mods... not any clones (those purchased from a site other than those linked on the official one). Time will tell for sure!

Follow-up questions...

My followup is are the android based JB methods considered clones?

its what you said buddy - method they port the psgroove to whatever devices.

the clones are the usb sticks that are being sold - which are probably now running psgroove.

Okay, I guess I'm still confused... oh well So they are the ones porting PSGroove to these different devices... I thought random people were doing it without their auth...

Correct, people can port it to whatever device they wish... no special permission is required to do this.

Closed Thread