Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

zmcnmf Guest

About Firmware Update On PS3 From 3.40 to 3.41?

Hi,

I'm kinda new to PS3 scene. Just got my PS3 yesterday. I noticed I had Firmware Ver 3.40.

I got the unit in Malaysia (South-East Asia), I read thru some forums on how to update it to 3.41

Some guys warned that I need to make sure to use the correct Firmware from a specific region (so far I noticed it's either US or EUR version). I've downloaded it from each region.

The question is that, am I to use the Asian Region of 3.41 (If there is) or any of this firmware will do. The unit I have is the CECH-2506B (320Gig - Slim).

Thanks in advance.

As you can imagine, this has been asked countless times... to answer though: you can use any region PS3 Firmware to update your PlayStation 3 as the .PUP files all have the same MD5 hash and are not region-specific.

We (and other sites) post them as US/EU during updates because the .PUP is being pulled from localized servers so if you were in the US you would likely get better speed using a US link vs EU, etc.