Just over a month ago Ifcaro released PS3 USBLD Loader v0.3 RC1 & ModHook Versions, which attempted to increase PS2 game compatibility and added a language/driver file folder. For those unaware, PS3 USBLD Loader allows you to run PS2 image back-ups on a PS3 via USB.
This weekend he has made available both the PS3 USBLD Loader Source Code and a Patcher Utility, as follows:
Download: PS3 USBLD Loader Source Code (SVN Snapshot 26-04-09) / USBAdvn Patcher
To quote, roughly translated: The source code of the "Advance USB Loader for PS3" licensed GPLv2. The Web site of the project is: http://code.google.com/p/usbld/ I hope that it involved more people and more can be improved.
From the ReadMe file: INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPILING USB ADVANCE LOADER
To compile the USB Advance Loader you need to make some previous actions.
First you will need a copy of USB ADVANCE unpacked completely (3MB)
To "enable" loader's patches is necessary to edit the original USB ADVANCE's elf.
To do this, replace in the offset 0x000016e8: 8a6e 040c to a600 200c
Now USB Advance will give the step to Loader to add new features.
Finally copy the USB ADVANCE elf renamed to USBADVN_ok.ELF to the emb folder
NOTE: In the source code appears the name of some modules that I have extracted from the USB ADVANCE elf. These modules gave them the name that occurred to me at that time.
These modules are:
- PARCHE_EE: It is not a module but it is a piece of code for EE is loaded just before
to launch the game.
- MSD.IRX: (MASS-DRIVER) This is the module responsible for the manege USB disk filesystem.
- RAMDISK.IRX: Its a RAM DISK for IOP updating with USB ADVANCE modules.
- CDVDMAN.IRX: It is a replacement driver CDVDMAN to read from USB.
- USBLOADER.IRX: IOP part of USB ADVANCE.
More PlayStation 3 News...