Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Thumbs Up Working loading PS2 backups on PS3

Finally got my project done, remember I was just rushing this together and wanted to test if it worked, this isn't my final work.

Btw this is action replay I loaded as a backup.

Looks good kratosjohn and nice job on it so far.

Thank you, been a member here for some time and though hell why not post and hear what the community has to say, but tomorrow I will be going out for more supplies, better switches and cleaner method of having this boot games.

Possible new video tomorrow.

I will +Rep ya for your efforts and sharing the video kratosjohn, but now I will beat someone else to stating the obvious hehe...

It looks a lot like what was done in 2007 here: http://www.ps4news.com/forums/playst...0-a-49057.html

Still, props for taking the time to do something... so many here do nothing at all.

Actually I did a kinda different method than the original guy and the others following his guide, I found that I can keep the auto load motor and still have the manual switch with only 1 3-way switch, he suggested we use a 3 way switch for manual loading and if we want to keep auto loading too we put in 2 2-way switches. I don't see why those switches are even needed now.

Still not final, in the morning I will go shopping for a smaller/cuter switch to match the system

I don't want to double post but this is kinda to bump my thread to show more progress, it's final and done now, pics will follow.

This is the best i've seen! What I wonderful work.

Is it too hard for a common guy to do ? Do you think a tutorial would be possible ?

And why the hech on earth would that not work on a ps3 backup ? It seems you take off the dvd without the ps3 be aware of it so... why would this not work with a ps3 backup ?

Thanks, but yeah not many can afford a bluray drive to burn the games so no one really knows if it'll boot backups of Ps3 games yet, but I do see this as the method of loading them in the future.

This is a very simple mod with a half-way decent tutorial that I went partially by, some was confusing to understand but I improvised at those points.