whoa, that would be great!
whoa, that would be great!
Actually, since this group released the source, we can use it to make installers for XML and eventually other firmware hacks, which is decidedly *not* pointless, since poking the flash by hand is pretty dangerous unless you know what you're doing.
That being said, the tool itself is redundant. If they'd released a static library to let us easily integrate the magic that would have been much more useful - something I'll probably do now that I have a reference implementation.
unless you're a noob that always destroys stuff while navigating and copying/pasting files in a file-system. and let's face it, the noob to developer ratio is rather unproportional in favor of the noobs.
Great app, it will sure help to make a CFW some day. Thanks to all Devs working hard on this projects.
i never said the source is useless. i'm saying its useless in comparison to the other one
geez, calm down people.
Yes, I think the description is slightly misleading, It may make people think they are not actually modifying thier real dev_flash. In reality this is very similar to the mount alejandro app, except with source.
sooner or later a fully cfw, like happened to psp, will come out for ps3. I don't mind waiting a couple of years for that. the hack ps3 scene has just been born and it is growing really fast.
Wow, thanks waninkoko!
Can anyone explain what the pokes to the kernel do? I compared my lv2 kernel with the changes applied by this app:
I compared my original level2 kernel with the patches posted above:
[Register or Login to view code]
I don't have an asm/disasm to check the opcodes, but it will be much appreciated if anyone can find more info on this.
• PlayStation 4 & PS4 News
• PS4 Guides & Tutorials
• PS4 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS4 Videos
• PlayStation 3 & PSN News
• PS3 Guides & Tutorials
• PS3 CFW & MFW
• PS3 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS3 / PSN Game Releases NFO List
• PS3 Reviews
• PS3 Themes
• PS3 Trophies
• PS3 Videos
• PSP & PS Vita News
• PS Vita Trophies
• Site & Gaming Console News
PS3 Backup Game Managers
• GameSonic PS3 Manager Updates
• Hybrid Manager PS3 Updates
• IrisMAN PS3 Manager Updates
• Iris Manager PS3 Manager Updates
• MultiMAN PS3 Manager Updates
PS3 CFW (Custom Firmware)
• DARKNET PS3 CFW Updates
• Ferrox PS3 CFW Updates
• Habib PS3 CFW Updates
• Prometheus PS3 CFW Updates
• PS3ITA PS3 CFW Updates
• Rebug PS3 CFW Updates
• Rogero PS3 CFW Updates
• Sky PS3 CFW Updates
• Starz PS3 CFW Updates
PS3 Homebrew Apps
• Movian PS3 Media Center
• PS3 CCAPI (ControlConsoleAPI)
• PS3 NOR & NAND Patcher Updates
• PS3Xport / PeXploit Updates
• No PSN / NoPSN Patch Updates
• PSNPatch / PSN Patch Updates
• PSNStuff+ / PSNStuffX Updates
• PSN / SEN Enabler & Disabler Updates
• TrueAncestor PS3 Tools Updates
• WebMAN Mod Plugin Updates
• Yutolio's PSN Database Updates
PS3 MFW (Modified Firmware)
• PS3 CFW Creator / PS3MFW UI
• PS3MFW Builder / Our MFW Updates
• Ideas or Suggestions to Add?