Video tutorial of programming the blackcat USB for those who are not familiar with the board.
Anyone know where to buy Blackcat USB's from in the UK?
Had ordered one of these yesterday thanks to page 40 in the massive psGroove thread, thanks for zeroing in on the file to use, that was also in the thread but a direct link is much appreciated. Do you use WinAVR to flash or some other software that comes with it?
Got mine here: store.theoryshare.com
BTW thanks for the flashing video!
1. Put the black cat in DFU mode by flipping the switches to 1 and 2 then connect it to your PC and press the reset button on the blackcat.
2. Open up device manager
3. Click Action in the menu bar and add new legacy hardware
4. Click install the hardware that I select manually.
5. Highlight Show all devices and click next
6. Click Have Disk, then browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Flip 3.4.1\usb\
7. Select atmel_usb_dfu.inf
8. After the driver installs just hit the reset button on the blackcat again and it will show up correctly.
9. Now open up Atmel Flip and select device at90usb162 from the little microchip in the top left
10. now click the usb icon and click usb, then click connect.
11. Load the hex file and flash.
12. flip the 1 and 2 switches back to operational mode and your done
I ALSO ordered from embedded computers, just hoping the free shipping is NOT AIR MAIL, it would suck to have to wait 3-4 weeks to get it.