06-27-2011 #111daveshooter Guest
If i have dot net installed things don't work so well. But I don't know why.
06-27-2011 #112SuperSaiyen Guest
Unless i misunderstood, this sounds awesome dave! I'm currently on 3.15, but want to have 3.55 functionality while keeping OtherOs.
Thus far, just haven't upgraded to a higher fw until one supports retaining OtherOs like yours does. Would you be inclined to share your fw creation? Don't have the expertise to create my own unfortunately.. a link or PM would be awesome!
06-27-2011 #1131roberto12 Guest
I want to install Linux on my PS3. I have got a PS3 Slim CECH-2004A 120GB and CFW 3.55-kmeaw installed. I want to use Rebug’s Boot OtherOS++ & OtherOS Prep Tool to install it. And I want to install it on an external HDD.
So I have some questions. Is everything ready to be installed? Have I forgotten about something? Will everything be successful?
Thanks in advance
06-27-2011 #114MUGSY Guest
If I downgrade from 3.55 to an earlier fw such as 3.15 could this repair my blu-ray?
06-27-2011 #115daveshooter Guest
There is endless info and tools, on creating your own firmware, ask in the help and support if you need help, as it would be unfair to thread wreck this thread. if you need a starting place tho, find and download PS3MFWBuilder Portable and ps3mfw 02 both of them, sorry I don't have the links anymore.
I also found to get the best results creating your own firmware was using a clean install of winxp, none updated, with the minimal drivers installed and no .NET, anti virus or firewall installed.
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
PS3 Bootloader Dumped from NAND
Here are a few more updates via GitBrew Tweets for those following: twitter.com/#!/gitbrew/status/86942755430998016
- Bootloader has been dumped from a nand successfully. Nor is going to be dumped next. Rootkey, you're now in our grasp.
- CFW we will not release for 3.56+ unless the PS3MFW team finds a way to do that again . an exploit for other deelopers to work
- Or the 360 guys since it's also altivec which would help massively. We have the documentation. Would just be easier for them.
- Rootkey = per console key. You would need to dump your own key in order to decrypt your bootloader and metldr as far as i know.
- It's loaded each time lv0,lv1 and lv2 are loaded. Patching a few things to get it should be somewhat easy
- We can create our own lpars and repositories. Anything is possible with linux just gotta find the right workarounds. We currently do not mess with game saves.
- Encrypted, we have a few theories on how to get the rootkey since it's called in lv1 and lv2. R/W to lpars = <3
- We might hold onto it for the 3000 ps3 series. The "unhackable" PS3, that sony is releasing soon.
- each time any of the ldrs is loaded, it gets sent to the ppu and done internally. Attach a few things / edit a few things and bam.
- We have given the exploit off to another team to work on it. We're not allowed to say atm, but they're going to be working soon.
- The exploit COULD lead to a downgrade, but developers would need to figure that out as well.
- Im not at liberty to dicuss if it's a hardware or firmware exploit. All in due time.
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
Gitbrew Suspends Work for PS3 Related Projects Until Further Notice
Here is another Gitbrew update as this is one of the OtherOS++ threads maintained here. To quote: gitbrew.org/announcements/
One of the main goals of the Gitbrew project was to bring back what Sony has disrespectfully removed from the majority of PlayStation 3 owners, OtherOS. We have successfully completed that goal with the release of OtherOS++ and since that time we have carried out a great deal of research resulting in progress unheard of in the "PS3 Scene" since Sony's lawsuits against Graf and Geobot.
OtherOS++ Project is the culmination of work done by Glevand and Gitbrew, building on top of open source work released by Graf.
Linux/BSD has extensive capabilities in the field of research and development making it a powerful tool to peruse and employ the console to its full use. Without Graf, we never would have completed this project. Here is to Graf, thank you for your courage in the fight for Linux.
Gitbrew will suspend work for PS3 related projects until further notice. Individual developers working under Gitbrew will continue work as usual for whatever projects that may be in progress. Gitbrew will continue to host our collection of mirrors, past and current projects as well as individual developer software. IRC server will stay active for otheros discussion and help (#otheros).
This does not mean all development has come to a halt; we have more releases planned for the future on other devices. We will also host an active community for homebrew developers of all systems.
Thanks to everyone in the scene that has contributed to our cause and special thanks to those who realize the information is out there waiting to be found. Our intention has been fulfilled.
Our content is open source and free, do what thou wilt with it.
For further questions, join our IRC.
irc.gitbrew.org (ssl) #otheros
~dasmoover ~snowy ~glevand ~durandal
09-02-2011 #118Ezio Guest
As I imagined, Gitbrew guys have not been able to find the new keys. Expect to see what adrianc can do and if guys interested in the project dualboot (ie No_One and dospiedra) bring us new and exciting information about new keys.
09-02-2011 #119elser1 Guest
i wonder what happened to the gitbrew guys. oh well.. looks like there may not be 370cfw anytime soon.
09-02-2011 #120HeyManHRU Guest
Here is a direct quote from "Snowydev" on twitter like 4 days ago.
Welp, gitbrews 2 exploits are now in the wild. Have fun with them, since we're not even going to bother.