PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!

He said he would fix the missing options later on.

And backup managers will not run on this even if they are signed. You need to have patches made to the kernel before backup loaders will work.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfWar View Post
    He said he would fix the missing options later on.

And backup managers will not run on this even if they are signed. You need to have patches made to the kernel before backup loaders will work.
    yeah, I read that the kernel was left untouched to prevent piracy... but that's just him preventing getting sued, or worst. By tomorrow afternoon, someone will have a backup loader working...

I dunno, I doubt anyone would be willing to risk it, or sony would just call lawyers in and make it hell for whoever does =/. Maybe I am wrong tho?

This is awesome first step to homebrew on 3.55.

If you update to this can you revert back to the OFW as i've already got a PS3 on 3.55 and would give it a shot if i could.

Will I lose Linux?

So this is great news and would compile and run it right now except I assume it means I'll lose the OtherOS functionality on my 3.15 PS3. I'll wait until someone release a custom that retains the features of 3.15 and allows me to play online. I'm glad that "backup" loaders aren't included with this release and I hope they aren't for a long time so piracy doesn't become too rampant on the system forcing Sony's hand.
    Last edited by Frogman7; 01-05-2011 at 04:19 AM

Good to have an CFW from an not-random developer (reminds on HAK). But I wouldn't install this now, with the "No Trophy support & Savegame support".

Also we don't have a working Backup Manager for this - but I'm sure this will come soon, very soon ! So that we are able to play backed-up games and may Sync and also use FTP - that would be a dream !

Can someone run Netflix or Home, when I try all I get is a black screen.

Quote Originally Posted by blackrose View Post
    Can someone run Netflix or Home, when I try all I get is a black screen.
    I think KaKaRoTo hasn't implement all of this. I would say this is just a forwarded Beta release, because there is so much missing. And I won't play on Sony's servers when you are online with an Firmware which isn't from them.

seems game save data etc that was lost under game folder has been restored, also with PS1/PS2 support for BC machines (unlike the jailbreak) it has been pushed out for use. From KaKaRoToKS:
    Latest script should restore game save data, etc.. also with PS1/PS2 support for BC machines (unlike the jailbreak). IT'S DONE!

Add alejandro & BBftp signed, and it will smell the end !

But i really prefer a 355 or 3.41 with otheros.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23413 ... LastLast