can someone re up the files? the link is dead..
Last edited by jamesnesc709; 09-06-2011 at 05:48 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Following up on his Guide to Remarry PS3 Blu-ray Drives to other consoles, today PlayStation 3 developer Mark Webber has shared another on how to recover Blu-ray drive playback on 256MB FAT PS3 consoles.
To quote: Ok, so finally....
How To Recover BD Playback On 256meg Fats
- You will need to QA flag your PS3
- IF you are on 3.55: Using the special 3.55 downgrade PUP by Jaicrab, then down again to 3.15 or 3.41 using stock PUP files
- Follow this guide to QA flag your PS3
By ps3nemesis: (EASY QA FLAG INSTALL)
NOTE BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT THIS OR ANY MOD TO PS3 FILE STRUCTURE PLEASE BACK-UP YOR dev_flash 2 FOLDER AND THE WHOLE OF dev_hdd0/home AS THIS IS WHERE YOUR PSN / DLC/ PSONE LICENCES ARE KEPT. ALSO MAKE AN EXTRA BACK-UP OF dev_hdd0/home/act.dat .
PLEASE ALSO BE AWARE THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE STATING THAT THE TROPHY SYSTEM GETS MESSED UP !!! FOOLS RUSH IN...
Note: Only works on Otheros++ 3.55 or 3.41 CFW at the moment, so you'll have to reflash to it, then go back to your cfw's (i.e 3.55 CFW > Otheros++ > QA Flag > 3.55 CFW )
Requirements / Installation Instructions:
- PS3 on OtherOS++ 3.55 CFW PUP
- Rename it to PS3UPDAT.PUP
- Install the firmware
- QA Auto Flag .PKG
- Install the qa_flag.pkg
- Then run the qa_flag program
- If you hear a beep, it worked.
- Restart ps3
- Go to network settings (Do not enter it) and hit or hold L1+L2+L3+R1+R2+down on the dpad
- QA auto flagging is now done
- Turn on the 'system update debug' in the debug settings
- Play a BD disc with the highest MKB version you can get..Latest release from Blockbuster or whatever.
Note: It may start to play and then you get no video output to the tv. This happened a few times to me. Just power off, accept the "naughty boy" messgage from Sony and try again until it plays.
If it keeps doing this, you need to change to AV or component leads since your TV seems to not be 100% HDMI/BD compliant. I have tested this on several (at least 5) PS3's with 100% success rate.
More PlayStation 3 News...
so is this a 2nd method to marry a BDROM drive from another PS3 to a different PS3 or is this just some way to get video playback working if somehow you loose it ?
Good guide. Seems to be really easy to do that. I'm wondering what the "naughty boy" message is ?
The message is simply when you power off using the switch instead of shutting down correctly.
I will add also that I installed Rebug after doing this and it broke it again. It could be due to the LV2 patching, but I will be testing Kmeaw later today and see if it does the same.
As of now, just use the OtherOS++ CFW. It works perfectly with Multiman etc
So my PS3 is saying that I need to update my firmware in order for my bluray encryption to revalidated. If I do these steps listed post #25, will I lose all of my games and features? I currently running Hermes 3.41CFW on a 60gb fat.