Video: BlueputDroid - Android Phone as a PS3 Bluetooth Keyboard
Today berserker_devel at the XDA Developers site has shared some videos (below) on BlueputDroid, which is an application that allows Android phones to control a PS3 acting as a PS3 Bluetooth keyboard remote control.
To quote from GamesRadar.com (linked above): "The independent developer has tested it out on the Nexus One, HTC Wildfire, and LG Optimus One - all with rooted firmwares. He was not able to get it working on the Optimus One.
BlueputDroid is the first app to allow a smartphone to pair up with the PS3 as an input device. There have been other Bluetooth apps for Android that more flexibility in syncing the phone to a computer, but this is the first working app for PS3 connectivity."
From the video's caption: "This is a work in progress of my last Android application "BlueputDroid". With this app you will be able to use your device as a bluetooth keyboard for your PS3.
Nexus One Tested on a rooted Nexus One running a "clean" Cyanogen 6.1.1 (root is required to make it work). A beta version will be released soon on the Android Market, stay tuned!"
Finally, the list of currently supported and unsupported devices is below:
BlueputDroid Supported devices:
- Google Nexus One (made by HTC)
- Google Nexus S (made by Samsung)
- Motorola Milestone
- Motorola Cliq
- Motorola Cliq XT
- Motorola Droid X
- SonyEricsson Xperia X10
- Archos 5 Internet Tablet
- Dell Streak
- T-Mobile G2
- Acer Liquid (only on Android 2.1+)
- Motorola Droid (only with custom firmware, like Cyanogenmod)
- HTC Hero (only with custom firmware, like DarchDroid or FroydVillain)
- HTC Eris (only with custom firmware, like Cyanogenmod)
- HTC Desire/HD (only with custom firmware, like Cyanogenmod)
- HTC Incredible (only with custom firmware, like IncDoes)
- HTC HD2 (only with custom firmware, like Amelia X6 HD2Froyo)
- Samsung Galaxy Spica (only with custom firmware, like Cyanogenmod)
- T-Mobile G1 (only with custom firmware, like Cyanogenmod)
- HTC Touch HD (originally WinMo device, works only with Android firmware, like Cyanogenmod/Neopeek)
BlueputDroid Unsupported devices:
- Samsung Moment
- Samsung Galaxy Spica
- Samsung Galaxy S (this includes Captivate, Vibrant, Epic 4G, Fascinate, Showcase, Mesmerize, Continuum, K, U or any other variant of the Galaxy S series devices, but excluding Nexus S, which doesn't have Samsung's software, and which works!)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab
- HTC Eris
- HTC Incredible
- HTC Desire/HD
- HTC Desire Z
- HTC Legend
- HTC Hero
- HTC Magic
- HTC Evo 4G
- HTC Aria
- HTC/T-Mobile myTouch 4G
- LG Optimus S/T/One
More PlayStation 3 News...
Nuuu, i've an htc desire z, do you think the hb'll be updated?
Can't wait to try this out with my Nexus One!
Damn, I've been wanting this for iPhone for years.
Think this will work for the Samsung Transform?
would this be possible for a jailbroken iphone?
this is sweet!!! my next phone gonna be an android
android for the win hope with has support the htc evo soon..
Useless it will not allow me to use it as I have ads disabled in my phone. Keeps asking me to upgrade to Pro version but that isn't available. I'll wait till a "pro" version is around to try.
Luckily I bought one a mini bluetooth keyboard and they sent two so I have more than one for my three Ps3's but having my Droid available would just be awesome as I always have it in my pocket or my Droid X is at least always within arms reach.
got a apple wireless keyboard don't need this android hoohaa!!! iphone 4 for the win,ill tether out my unlimited internet to my ps3 xbox and my ipad NO ANDROID, so iphone is better.