Update: VICE (Versatile Commodore Emulator) for PS3 version 1.0.2 updates for C64, C128, PLUS4 and VIC20 are now available followed by version 1.0.3 complete with source code!
Today I have released VICE (Versatile Commodore Emulator) for PS3 release 1.0, which is a C64, PLUS4 and VIC20 emulator for PS3 JailBreak users.
Please note, this is not related to the forthcoming release by AreaScout. But a bit of competition never hurt anyone
Downloads: PS3 VICE C64 v1.0.0 / PS3 VICE PLUS4 v1.0.0 / PS3 VICE VIC20 v1.0.0
Currently supporting the C64, PLUS4 and C16.
C128 support in the next release.
Source code to be made available pending some serious cleanup and refactoring.
Build 1.0 (20-11-2010):
- Initial Release, based on Vice 2.2.7
- Full-speed emulation
- Audio enabled (FastSID)
- Fullscreen support, 16:9, 4:3
- Video filters, with preview
- Warp Mode (Achieves ~ 350-700% actual speed)
- On-Screen Keyboard (partial support).
- Keyboard Support (partially implemented).
- Supports all known (uncompressed) formats (.d64 .d71 .d80 .d81 .d82 .g64 .g41 .x64 .t64 .tap .prg .p00)
Thanks go out to Squarepusher, Shinhalsafar, Cm0nkey, Airmaker for their hard work on the Snes9x PS3 port, and their cellFramework library. This work also incorporates their menu system and config UI. Also to the original VICE team for creating a solid and well maintained codebase to work with.
CROSS - Launches the emulator with the selected title set to fast autoload
TRIANGLE - Launches the emulator directly into C64 BASIC
SELECT - Settings / Configuration
START - Returns to the emulator
CROSS - Fire
D-PAD - Joystick
SELECT - Swap joysticks
START - Menu/Configuration
TRIANGLE - Mapped to keyboard for 'Y'
CIRCLE - Mapped to keyboard for 'N' - Doubly mapped to 'UP' (See note 1)
SQUARE - Mapped to keyboard for
L1 - Mapped to keyboard for 'F1'
L2 - Mapped to keyboard for 'F3'
R1 - Mapped to keyboard for 'F5'
R2 - Mapped to keyboard for 'F7'
R3 - On-Screen-Keyboard (partially supported)
L2 + R2 - Warp Mode
*1 The CIRCLE button has been doubly mapped to the joystick 'UP' direction. This is useful for platform style games where the UP direction indicates a JUMP action. Clearly a difference in design aesthetics between joysticks and control pads, this might be more desirable.
- Compressed formats currently NOT supported (.zip .bz2 .gz .d6z .d7z .d8z .g6z .g4z .x6z)
- On-Screen-Keyboard is not fully mapped yet. Some keys will register incorrectly, if at all.
- Actual Keyboard support not fully implemented, but good enough for the minute.
- Does not save settings / configuration
More PlayStation 3 News...