all but the VIC20 are corrupt (unexpected end of Archive)
Dracari, can you elaborate? I'm able to download all four zip's and unpack them without issue. Can you double check the file sizes and report back if you still have problems?
Case in point, Turrican II diska only compresses from 176kb down to 164kb. Still, I expect people have rather large collections..
Looking into the overscan issue.
cool thanks timrex. yeah i have a huge collection. any amount of space i can save i try to.
on behalf of the vice team - may i ask for the sourcecode for these binaries? would be just sad to see yet another gpl violating console port
Absolutely. That was never my intention. In fact, there are some nice additions I'd like to contribute to the original source tree. Just doing some cleanup/maintenance at the minute (the build config is pretty ugly right now). Give it a few days as I'll be AFK.
I was just wondering if anyone was working on a front end type program for the different emulators, so we dont have programs & roms all over the place.
I'm not sure if a regular style front end like a launcher would work well on the ps3 but even one program including the best emulators for each system configured in such a way you can just select the system and rom then away you go setup with some consistency between where the the roms & screens and things are placed, kind of like the functionality the zerogame project gave us in linux only through gameOS?
That and it would be a whole lot cleaner than having dozens of apps.
Vice C64 1.0.3 + Source Released
Today I have updated the Vice C64 emulator to version 1.0.3 with Source Code for PS3 JailBreak users.
Download: VICE C64 Emulator v1.0.3 Update & Source Code for PS3
- Configuration / Settings can now be saved
- Menu based configuration now supports some of the more common VICE settings
- Added mouse support
- Physical keyboard support improved (still some minor bugs). Added positional/symbolic key layout modes
- Added ZIP and GZIP support
- Added HUD options for framerate/speed display
- Added HUD options for Disk/Tape activity
- Added multiple disk drive support
- Disk images can be inserted using TRIANGLE + L1/L2/R1/R2 for drives 8, 9, 10, 11 respectively.
- ReSID-FP support has been added, providing significantly better audio emulation.
- Turn up the speakers on this, it's a world of difference.
- Support for various SID models have been added as part of ReSID-FP
- Maximum resampling under ReSID-FP is now default, using the original 6581R4 model SID.
- Fixed a bug when using compatibility mode. Occasionally TDE was not enabled correctly.
More PlayStation 3 News...
+Rep TimRex for the update, I have added it to the first post as well and promoted your post update to the main page now.
Also below is another ViceNext C64 / Plus4 / Vic20 Emulator for PS3 Rev 431674cf70 update by pete_uk: *********.net/forum/threads/1511-Vice?&p=12879#post12879
Download: ViceNext C64 / Plus4 / Vic20 Emulator for PS3 Rev 431674cf70
Vice-Next - Latest version by Twinaphex
Another update from pete_uk via: https://github.com/twinaphex/vice-ne...ec2dca63efe2da
Download: VBANext / GBANext PS3 Gameboy / GBA Emulator v2.2 Rev 6c47adcf45
Yeah, the more emus we have, the better! Thanks to Devs.