Keep up the good work
Squarepusher2 - just wanted to say a huge thanks for your efforts and that of the other members of the team pushing out these awesome emulators.
There may be a small bug in VBA - whenever I try and load a rom within a zip it shows the GBA rom but then freezes. The roms are stored on an external USB drive.
If you have the spare time I would love to see an Amiga port or even better an X68000 port.
VBA (GBA) Build 97b00
The VBA (GBA) emulator for PS3 has been updated to Build 97b00.
Download: VBA (GBA) Build 97b00
- InGame menu savestate loading fixed
PS3 VBA / Game Boy Advance (GBA) Emulator VBAM-C7116 Update:
Download: VBA (GBA) Build VBAM-C7116
- Various optimizations
- Bug fixes
- Triple buffering option in settings menu
VBANext PS3 Launch
For those following, here is an update from squarepusher2 on the launch of VBANext PS3: blackbird.usask.ca/wordpress/?p=159
As of today, VBA PS3 has evolved into VBANext. All future development will happen on this page: https://code.google.com/p/vbanext/
In short, VBA PS3 is dead – long live VBANext. The same will happen to SNES9x PS3 shortly when it blossoms into SNES9x Next (new name for SNES9x Slim).
This new project will be a faster, slimmed-down version of VBA-M that is currently aimed at three platforms:
- PlayStation 3
- Xbox 360 (WIP)
- Mobile (WIP)
It will replace both VBA PS3 on PlayStation 3 and Lantus’ VBA360 0.03 on Xbox 360. In addition to that, a port to mobile platforms is tentatively in the works.
A few screenshots (taken from the PS3 version) can be viewed here: imgur.com/a/VcQNr#zgXsT
As for the PS3 port – a lot of progress has been made over the past few weeks. Super Game Boy border support is now in – when you select a game that is Super Game Boy-compatible from the ROM menu, it will display the border that would be visible on a real SNES with a Super Game Boy add-on cart.
It will perhaps be possible to add fourplayer gamepad support at a later date for Super Game Boy games as well – certain games like Wario Blast made use of the Super Gameboy’s access to the host hardware (SNES) to allow for multiplayer support with regular SNES pads. VBA-M supports this out of the box – so it would be a shame to let it go to waste.
On the display front – FBO mode will be added – this will allow for two shaders to be selected at once. All the features that are currently in SNES9x PS3 and other emulators will be added as well – for instance, border support (different from the Super Game Boy border support which is built into VBA-M) and possibly game aware shaders as well.
The porter can define many compile-time switches that will let him/her rip out huge parts of the original VBA-M codebase. A list of the defines and what they do can be read here: https://code.google.com/p/vbanext/wi...leTimeSwitches
VBANext PS3 Build 44ed4409
A few days back PlayStation 3 developer squarepusher2 announced that the Nintendo Gameboy / GBA Emulator PS3 Port known as VBA PS3 would soon become VBANext, and today subcon959 has made available an unofficial VBANext PKG file for PS3 users to try out while awaiting an official release.
Download: VBANext PS3 Build 44ed4409 / VBANext PS3 Build 44ed4409 (WT/GH CFW) / SVN
Some recent changes from the SVN include the following:
- (PS3) Auto-aspect ratio setting + plus more aspect ratios
- (PS3) Cleaned up menu code some more.
- (PS3) Cut down on some more menu code duplication
- (PS3) Uses systemDrawScreen() macro now instead of IFDEF __CELLOS_LV2__ hackery to make a direct call to Graphics->Draw and psglSwap.
- (PS3) Cleaned up code duplication in menu code (Core) Doesn't try to set regparm attribute now for non-x86 platforms
- Changed blip_med_quality back to blip_good_quality
- Patches to PS3 sound driver so it works with the new sound approach
- Dumps VBA samples all at once, reports NUM SAMPLES
- Rearranged damn headers again - we need a common.h NOW
- Added USE_CACHE_PRETCH around instrinsics
- Added USE_CACHE_PREFETCH around intrinsics
- Had to move some #defines around - broke the build last commit
- reordered top of file so headers come first - added string.h and stdio.h under __GNUC__ preprocessor
- added string.h and stdio.h #includes under ANDROID preprocessor
- Removed unused friend class 'Blip_Reader' from Blip_Buffer
- Removed garbage files from PS3 buildtools
- (Core) Removed GEKKO defines for cheat code (PS3) Had to add Cellframework1 for FileBrowser and OSKUtil - needs to be rewritten for Cellframework2 though.
- Removed reinserted files from unused directory
- Removed revert garbage files ending with '.orig'
- (Core) USE_AGBPRINT and USE_CHEATS defines can now be used - reinserted files that were necessary for these parts to work.
- (Core) There were some calls to doDMA in both the if and else blocks of certain conditionals - cut down on the amount of times this function is called by giving doDMA parameters instead that are defined inside these if-else codeblocks.
- (Core) Removed CPUisGBAImage - this was a copy of utilIsGBAImage in GBA.cpp that was strangely never used at all. Perhaps this was never properly refactored and moved to Util.cpp. (PS3) changed buffer.c into buffer.inc and included it into audioport.c.
- Expanded iteration macros
- Changed NO_DEBUGGER defines to USE_DEBUGGER - no more double-negative define
- Cleaned up a lot of header files - Cut down on GEKKO defines - Changed 'FRAMESKIP' define to 'USE_FRAMESKIP' to fit in with the rest of the VBANext switch naming convention. It will automatically define USE_FRAMESKIP if you define 'FRAMESKIP' - so it is backwards compatible in a sense.
- Cleaned up a lot of unnecessary includes and cut down on some GEKKO ifdefs.
- Added ifdef defines for ppu_intrinsics.h (should be PS3/360 only)
- Added 'USE_SWITICKS' define.
- Added FRAMESKIP defines and added back frameskipping code to GBA.cpp (but defined)
- Initial commit of VBA-PS3 codebase - now VBANext and no longer PS3-specific.
More PlayStation 3 News...
VBANext PS3 v1.01 with Custom Scaling and FBO Rev 7a1e9f627f21
Below is another unofficial update to VBANext PS3 which includes Custom Scaling and FBO from kristian696969: elotrolado.net/hilo_visualboyadvance-port-para-ps3-11-1-2011_1522934_s80#p1725511943
Download: VBANext PS3 v1.01 with Custom Scaling and FBO Rev 7a1e9f627f21 / SVN
- FBO mode - Corrected Cg params for shader 1/2
- Went through code with debugger/disassembler - got rid of a lot of LHS penalties
VBANext / GBANext - PS3 Gameboy / GBA Emulator v1.01 Rev 65438ccc85
Here is VBANext / GBANext the PS3 Gameboy / GBA Emulator v1.01 Rev 65438ccc85.
Download: VBANext / GBANext PS3 Gameboy / GBA Emulator v1.01 Rev 65438ccc85
Below are some brief details from pete_uk: *********.net/forum/threads/1131-GBA?p=10117#post10117
Source aquired from https://github.com/twinaphex/vba-next/
Commit History: https://github.com/twinaphex/vba-next/commits/master
Thanks to Twinaphex for all of his work on this emulator.
Another update from pete_uk also: *********.net/forum/threads/1131-GBA?p=20454#post20454
Download: VBANext / GBANext PS3 Gameboy / GBA Emulator v1.01 Rev 45bfa203ec
The problem seems to be with loading Zipped ROMs. I have extracted all of my ROMs and am no longer getting any crashes
Also, Attached is the latest commit of VBA-Next.
- Added 5xBR v3.2 and blinky Cg shaders
- Added libxenon rules to libsnes Makefile
Another update by pete_uk via: https://github.com/twinaphex/vba-nex...e80781dfbae5e5
Download: VBANext / GBANext PS3 Gameboy / GBA Emulator v1.01 Rev 8ff8246f73
Note: There seems to be an issue with loading zipped roms. Please unzip your roms to avoid any issues!!
Download: VBANext / GBANext PS3 Gameboy / GBA Emulator v1.01 Rev 28597a2022 MM (multiMAN compatible)
Source Code: https://github.com/twinaphex/vba-nex...608287f7715a30
Download: VBANext / GBANext PS3 Gameboy / GBA Emulator v1.01 Rev 42b84326b0
Source Code: https://github.com/twinaphex/vba-nex...ed6818ee6d5be1
can i use cheats on VBA ps3 ? sorry.. i'm noob
thank you for your hard work!