Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

level2 dump possible

is there an chance now that ps3jailbreak thing comes and allow homebrew/unsigned code to make an level2 dump??

That is an interesting possibility.

With PSJB in hands of Devs (CJPC, HADES TEAM, RICHDIVX, XORLOSER) i think everything is possible.

Think we could also get a complete custom firmware similar to psp..

CFW may be a possibility at some point, but I think part of the main problem is, we still need the encryption keys from the Cell in order to do anything truly useful. There are numerous great people/teams currently working on the problem(s) and potential solutions.

I'm by no means a dev or much of a hacker, but if I were, I'd first tackle trying to map all I/O functions within the SPEs, then move to trying to elevate privileges to run unsigned code in a mode higher than game mode, and lastly obtaining the encryption keys from the Cell and BD-Drive.

i hope the stick make exploits possible to have a real hello world.

Quote Originally Posted by teusjuh View Post
    i hope the stick make exploits possible to have a real hello world.
    Mate, it does allow execution of unsigned code, so a Hello World should be a piece of cake. The 'hello world' is a program used as a proof of concept that a system has been hacked, but they already made a backup launcher, so a Hello World right now has no meaning at all.

yep but with stick, i mean a hello world without stick and then full access to the system.

Page 2 of 2 First 12