Thanks for the updated version!
Thanks for the updated version!
Thanks for the update! Have you given any thought to improving the interface? This plays great, better than almost any iteration of SNES9X that I have used, but the interface is a bit stark. I know that devs hate to be asked for things, so I apologize, I just wanted to throw out an idea.
Hey, here's the PIC1.PNG if you decide to use it.
I know this is a PS3 thread, but I was wondering if this could be ported to PC as well? ^.^
Err... That won't happen, although the closest you would get is probably SSNES, it supports the same .cg shaders that S9x-PS3 does. Latest test builds of S9x-Win32 also supports it.
i just downloaded this, can someone tell me step by step how to run it please?
been trying to update snes9x. i have 4.4.5. on 3.55 kmeaw. i assume i just need to run the newer package from the package installer but that did not work when i tried to go to 4.4.7. still shows up as 4.4.5 and the new shaders did not install.
Try to delete the old application from within the XMB first, the install the PKG file for the new one. That should solve your problem.
um yeah snes9x has been running on pc's for years.
Squarepusher2 has updated SNES9X PS3 to version 4.4.8 today, which now includes major lag reduction among the changes detailed below.
Download: SNES9X PS3 v4.4.8
Changelog: Build 4.4.8 (03-04-2011)
- Very big performance and lag reduction optimizations. The previous builds were indeed very laggy – this should be a very big improvement on that front.
- You can now use two shaders at once – we call this ‘Custom Scaling/ Dual Shader’ mode. A scaling factor (from 1 to 4x) can be specified. Some great graphical effects can be achieved by combining shaders.
- Shader presets have been added. Shader presets are configuration files that automatically configure the settings for ‘Shader 1′, ‘Shader 2′, ‘Hardware Filtering Shader 1′, ‘Hardware Filtering Shader 2′, ‘Scaling Factor’ and ‘Overscan’. You can create your own shader presets – they are just plain-text files stored in USRDIR/presets.
- Controllers can now be individually configured – you can specifically configure the controls for a controller connected to a specific port/ number.
- Cheat input has been made less buggy. With the ‘New’ control scheme - L2 + Analog Stick Right Down will still input cheats with the OSK, but it will add a generic label (simply the cheatcode itself as a label) until you rename this generic label by triggering the action ‘Input Cheatlabel’. The ‘New’ control scheme has this hooked up to ‘L2 + R2 + Analog Stick Right – Down’. This can of course be reconfigured to any button / button-combo you see fit.
- Fixed interlaced games like Rise Of The Robots – were displaying glitched graphics before in version 4.4.7.
- Added a homebrew SNES game by Themaister. Game logic is semi-hooked up – paddle works, ball bounces off the paddle, just scoring has to be added. Anyway, this has mostly been a 3-day exercise in SNES ASM. This is just for illustrative purposes.
- Added some shader variations and some new shaders – HQ4x, 4xBR - courtesy of Jacaraca.
PS3 Backup Game Managers
• GameSonic PS3 Manager Updates
• Hybrid Manager PS3 Updates
• IrisMAN PS3 Manager Updates
• Iris Manager PS3 Manager Updates
• MultiMAN PS3 Manager Updates
PS3 CFW (Custom Firmware)
• DARKNET PS3 CFW Updates
• Ferrox PS3 CFW Updates
• Habib PS3 CFW Updates
• Prometheus PS3 CFW Updates
• PS3ITA PS3 CFW Updates
• Rebug PS3 CFW Updates
• Rogero PS3 CFW Updates
• Sky PS3 CFW Updates
• Starz PS3 CFW Updates
PS3 Homebrew Apps
• Movian PS3 Media Center
• PS3 CCAPI (ControlConsoleAPI)
• PS3 NOR & NAND Patcher Updates
• PS3Xport / PeXploit Updates
• No PSN / NoPSN Patch Updates
• PSNDL / PSNDL v2 Updates
• PSNPatch / PSN Patch Updates
• PSNStuff+ / PSNStuffX Updates
• PSN / SEN Enabler & Disabler Updates
• TrueAncestor PS3 Tools Updates
• WebMAN Mod Plugin Updates
• Yutolio's PSN Database Updates
PS3 MFW (Modified Firmware)
• PS3 CFW Creator / PS3MFW UI
• PS3MFW Builder / Our MFW Updates