Update: Zouzz has now released SmallLoader Configuratatator as an auto PKG creator alternative with more details HERE and a video below.
Today TheTool of French site GX-Mod.com (linked above) and Jurai2 have released SmallLoader and XMBoot respectively, which allow users to create PS3 XMB QuickBoot containers that boot directly into your backup or mount them to the PS3 XMB if the game doesn't support direct booting.
Download: SmallLoader v0.2 / XMBoot v1.0 / XMBoot v1.1 (PL3 update by n4ru)
To quote, roughly translated, on SmallLoader: "TheTool offers a loader used shortcuts in the XMB to rip up a game in the drive without going through virtual BR open the backup manager or manager.
- Edit file game.ini located in the folder PS3_GAME/USRDIR:
- In the path variable, specify the path of your games (Ex: path = / dev_usb000/gamez/BLES12345). You can also delete the line path, smallLoader use the GAME folder which is in USRDIR (just copy your games in that folder).
- In variable autolaunch, enter 1 if you want smallLoader start the game automatically switches to "No AB" and 0 if you want to go back to XMB after the game is installed.
- In the folder PS3_GAME, copy the file ICON0.PNG, PIC1.PNG .....
- Using PS3SFOEdit , edit the file located in PARAM.SFO PS3_GAME
- In "Basic Setting", change the value by that title id you want
- In alt-(default) specify the name of your game
- Click on save and overwrite the old file PARAM.SFO
- Open the file has smallloader.conf using notepad for example.
- In line Product_ID, replace BLES12345 by title id values you have filled in the file PARAM.SFO
- You can save and close this file.
- Now you can generate the PKG file using the command "make_package_npdrm smallloader.conf PS3_GAME /" (without the quotes and the command prompt windows).
- Added fix for the problem of controller.. to enable or disable it, change the line 'fix =' in file game.ini (untested, with no games involved in this problem)
- Added a function to restore the normal functioning of BR player, just run the shortcut by pressing the button .
Note: Sources are also included in the archive.
Finally, from the XMBoot ReadMe file, to quote:
XMBoot is a stripped down backup app which will allow you to create the equivalent of a 360 QuickBoot container. This allows you to create a custom entry on your XMB with the original audio/video from your backup with which you can either boot DIRECTLY into your game (if supported), or mount it for launching via XMB.
To load the original XMB video/icon/sound/etc you will need to copy that content out of the /PS3_GAME/ directory of your backup and place it in the subdir of this package prior to compiling.
NOTE: If using the backups original .SFO file you will need to edit it to report itself as HG (Harddisk Game) rather than DG (Disc Game).
If not using the original SFO from a backup, be sure to edit the included SFO to specify your game title.
Also be sure to edit the package.conf and SFO so that your new package has a unique Title ID.
You will need to set three options in the main.ccp file prior to compiling your package:
game_path is the path to the backup you wish to use
The app does NOT scan for usb device #'s, so you will have to hardcode it to the usb slot you use. direct_boot is the option to attempt launching the EBOOT without booting back into XMB. Does not work with all games, but will let you direct boot games on which it does! use_hermes is an option to apply the Hermes F1/SFIV/etc fix at runtime, doesn't work with every game.
Because these options are stored in main.cpp you MUST recompile in order to change your container setup. These options 'could' be moved to be stored in the SFO file instead, which would allow you to simply edit the SFO instead, bypassing any need for an SDK setup.
Greetings to PS3News. Do not support piracy, purchase the games you love. Winners don't use drugs.
More PlayStation 3 News...