- Join Date
- Apr 2005
First Showtime PS3 Media Player Skin Oceanus is Now Released
This weekend PlayStation 3 homebrew developer Facanferff has announced the release of the first Showtime PS3 Media Player skin called Oceanus for the application.
Download: Showtime PS3 Media Player Skin Oceanus / Showtime PS3 Media Player Skin Oceanus PKG (Installable from the “Package Files” options) by wizzkidd / Oceanus Skin Plugin for Showtime 04.01+ [CEX] XMB Install Package: Showtime (Standalone) / Oceanus Skin Plugin for Showtime 04.01+ [CEX] XMB Install Package: Showtime (multiMAN Edition) by facanferff
To quote from his blog (linked above): Facanferff strikes again with the first Showtime Skin Ever! The skin is called Oceanus, with it you’ll be able to use different views for a better Showtime experience.
This first version supports already several views that you can enjoy. Check it out!
- Array view (photo taken from Vevo plugin)
- Artists view (photo taken from Vevo plugin)
- Posters view (photo taken from Crackle plugin)
- List view (photo taken from Youtube plugin)
- List 2 view (photo taken from Youtube plugin) This view is the default one.
“Oceanus was the Titan of Water. When I started creating the skin I always wanted to create something that would be enjoyable, flexible and that would expand Showtime experience in new ways and Oceanus is all about that.” -Facanferff
“Special Thanks to Tyrant for beta testing and giving fresh ideas” -Facanferff
This new skin really makes the user experience much more enjoyable and it also takes the Showtime plugins to a whole new level!
Info: Coming soon to Official Plugin Repo.
Installation: Needs Showtime with 4.1 or later.
- Put the zip archive in /dev_hdd0/game/HTSS00003/USRDIR/settings/installedplugins/
1. How can I change between views?
To change between views open the page menu (Triangle button in PS3 or F1 in PC) and click continuously in View setting to select a view.
2. I’m finding issues with the plugin, what can I do?
Fill a report if it wasn’t reported already at lonelycoder.com/redmine/projects/showtime.
More PlayStation 3 News...
11-11-2012 #502chiselfreak Guest
looks nice. might give it a go.
11-11-2012 #503StanSmith Guest
It says about a CRACKLE PLUGIN. is this available anywhere? I can't seem to find it.
11-16-2012 #504djole dubona Guest
hello. this is a nice app!
11-22-2012 #505StanSmith Guest
How can I get an older version of Showtime? The latest is 4.1.249 but I'm after 4.1.245 as the last removed a feature I like and use.
11-22-2012 #506FiREFLOOd Guest
Does this homebrew work on CFW > 3.55?
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
11-22-2012 #508StanSmith Guest
Thanks but there are heaps more TEST versions since that one with some nice features.
Looks like it will finally be getting volume settings, something its been needing since the start.
11-23-2012 #509ConsoleDev Guest
StanSmith if you are interested i have a copy of ShowTime 4.1.244 (is not the same version that you need but i think that have the feature that you want) and i have uploaded here: http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/97633242/file.html
Let me know if it is OK for you
11-28-2012 #510wizzkidd Guest
Showtime PS3 Plugin TMDB and Oceanus Skin Plugin is Released
Following up on the previous release, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer facanferff has made available a Showtime PS3 Plugin TMDB (The Movie DataBase) followed by TMDb v1.1 alongside an Oceanus Skin Plugin for Showtime v04.01+ (CEX) with details below.
Download: XMB Install Package: Showtime (Standalone) / XMB Install Package: Showtime (multiMAN Edition)
From his blog, to quote: Showtime Plugin TMDB released!
That's right! We're again at that time a new release comes to Showtime and this time is the newest plugin for TMDB, featuring a different experience from anything you could find before in Showtime.
1. Home Screen
2. Movie View
3. Person View
4. See more
5. Authentication, easy to follow instructions on screen
6. User Profile
7. Loading screen, should reduce potencial crashes
I hope you enjoy this release, so now the instruction to get it: First of all, it requires Showtime 4.1 at least.
Method 1 (both standalone and multiMan embedded Showtime):
Put zip archive at dev_hdd0/HTSS00003/USRDIR/settings/installedplugins or if you use Showtime through multiMAN
Put the zip archive in: dev_hdd0/game/BLES080608/USRDIR/sys/st4_settings/installedplugins/
Method 2 (only for standalone Showtime, thanks wizzkidd):
Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3wl0up or http://www.sendspace.com/file/7gu3ij
Install the pkg normally.
Method 3 multiMAN edition PKG:
- andoma: for creating Showtime
- Tyrant: for beta testing the plugin
- wizzkidd: for the pkg installs
1. I found some issues, had crashes or have suggestions, where can I inform the developer about them?
Official source: facanferff.net
Update: TMDb v1.1 Changelog:
- Add: Support for specifying 3 search sources (in Movie View, only supports PLX playlists at the moment)
- Add: Browse movie in Youtube (in Movie View, requires Youtube plugin to be installed)
- Add: Play Now button (in Movie View, if clicked it will play the video specified in the URI)
- Add: Show all lists that contain a movie (in Movie View)
- Add: Make plugin design independent of Oceanus plugin (user without Oceanus plugin couldn't load See more lists)
- Add: Search for a list
- Add: Show if a movie was marked as favorite (in Movie View)
- Add: Show if a movie was marked as watchlist (in Movie View)
- Add: Choose background for current movie (in Movie View)
- Add: Choose poster for current movie (in Movie View)
- Add: Browse most popular people
- Add: Allow user add movie to watchlist
- Add: Browse a list by id
- Add: Hide Favorite/Watchlist button if movie was already marked
- Add: Kids In Mind's Parents Guide (in Movie View)
- Fix: Search would not work if user specified 2 or more words separated by spaces
- Fix: User would not be logged in after some uses
- Fix: If a movie/person had no poster the screen would be somewhat corrupted
- Fix: In Genres page, movie titles would not show
- Fix: In some cases, when a subrequest (i.e. favorites in user view) failed, the page would not show up
- Enhancement: Better Search movie by title algorithm (only observable externally, i.e.: TMDb View in Navi-X) (See Note 1)
- Enhancement: Improve slightly Genres page design
- Enhancement: Improve Movie View loading time
More PlayStation 3 News...