This weekend PlayStation 3 homebrew developer Facanferff has announced the release of the first Showtime PS3 Media Player skin called Oceanus for the application.
Download: Showtime PS3 Media Player Skin Oceanus / Showtime PS3 Media Player Skin Oceanus PKG (Installable from the “Package Files” options) by wizzkidd / Oceanus Skin Plugin for Showtime 04.01+ [CEX] XMB Install Package: Showtime (Standalone) / Oceanus Skin Plugin for Showtime 04.01+ [CEX] XMB Install Package: Showtime (multiMAN Edition) by facanferff
To quote from his blog (linked above): Facanferff strikes again with the first Showtime Skin Ever! The skin is called Oceanus, with it you’ll be able to use different views for a better Showtime experience.
This first version supports already several views that you can enjoy. Check it out!
- Array view (photo taken from Vevo plugin)
- Artists view (photo taken from Vevo plugin)
- Posters view (photo taken from Crackle plugin)
- List view (photo taken from Youtube plugin)
- List 2 view (photo taken from Youtube plugin) This view is the default one.
“Oceanus was the Titan of Water. When I started creating the skin I always wanted to create something that would be enjoyable, flexible and that would expand Showtime experience in new ways and Oceanus is all about that.” -Facanferff
“Special Thanks to Tyrant for beta testing and giving fresh ideas” -Facanferff
This new skin really makes the user experience much more enjoyable and it also takes the Showtime plugins to a whole new level!
Info: Coming soon to Official Plugin Repo.
Installation: Needs Showtime with 4.1 or later.
- Put the zip archive in /dev_hdd0/game/HTSS00003/USRDIR/settings/installedplugins/
1. How can I change between views?
To change between views open the page menu (Triangle button in PS3 or F1 in PC) and click continuously in View setting to select a view.
2. I’m finding issues with the plugin, what can I do?
Fill a report if it wasn’t reported already at lonelycoder.com/redmine/projects/showtime.
More PlayStation 3 News...