Thanks for the update Xyth, I have promoted it to the main page now and +Rep!
This is honestly the only homebrew application for the PS3 that I use on a regular basis.
Showtime and MultiMan are pretty much the only homebrew applications I use more than once or twice.
I really do wish there was a wider selection of homebrew software, but I'm grateful for both of the applications listed above.
Funny, I have never used this program. I just stream to my PS3 via PC, or USB and never have any issues. I use Divx or just avi file. I convert the files that won't play using Divx.
But not sure if I am missin anything or not with this program.
DVD (files) playback at last! Still no physical disk support yet, though.
The whole idea of this application is to avoid having to convert your media to be able to play it.
PS3 Media Server is an OK solution if you have a PC fast enough to convert in real-time, but if you have a native player that supports a much wider range of formats, you can cut the conversion out of the picture, and just store your collection directly on the PS3.
This way I can use my PC while someone watches a movie on the PS3 (or just turn my PC off) which is something you can't do with the "PC -> PS3" streaming option.
This also avoids any network limitations, which are pretty obvious if the PC and/or PS3 is connected via wireless.
Not to mention playing movies natively from the PS3 HDD allows for fast/smooth seeking in the video. Try fast-forwarding or rewinding with the streaming method from the PC. You will notice how sluggish and unresponsive it is.
Basically Showtime is the way to go, and PC to PS3 streaming should only be used as a last resort.
i done my test again.
- playback a video (720p video) and closed and open it continuously. It hangs on 7th loop, sometimes 4th loop.
- DVD ISO is not stable, mostly it hangs at blackscreen (not the console totally)
- random http error while accessing DLNA service.
- SMB no password problem, you cant access your SMB share without a password setup on the server (worst thing that they ever done)
still far from stable release.
What does "GH" stands for?
Is it GeoHot or Github or something else?
I think it's GeoHot, might be wrong though.
Following the previous revision, today PlayStation 3 developer Andreas Oman has updated Showtime PS3 Media Player Testing Build to version 3.5.176 addressing memory issues with the changes outlined below, as follows:
Download: Showtime 3.5.176 ge1ab406 PKG / Showtime GH 3.5.176 ge1ab406 PKG / Showtime 3.5.176 ge1ab406 SELF / GIT
Showtime PS3 Media Player v3.5.176 Changelog:
Add support for continuous playback of all video items in a directory.
This needs to be enabled in the video playback settings (default off)
- Fixes #501
- Fixed #530
- Fixes #864
- Fixes #875
Write logfiles to disk (in cachedir).
These logfiles can be obtained from http://ip.address.of.showtimebox:42000/showtime/diag
ps3: Switch memory allocator to TLSF
This is another attempt to fix the out of memory issues that has been plauging Showtime for quite some while. So far it looks much better than when using jemalloc.
More PlayStation 3 News...
the gh is got geohot firmware.
If you recall, geohot's firmware required his own special pkg to be able to install them, where as on other CFW all pkg files install.
• PlayStation 4 & PS4 News
• PS4 Guides & Tutorials
• PS4 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS4 Videos
• PlayStation 3 & PSN News
• PS3 Guides & Tutorials
• PS3 CFW & MFW
• PS3 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS3 / PSN Game Releases NFO List
• PS3 Reviews
• PS3 Themes
• PS3 Trophies
• PS3 Videos
• PSP & PS Vita News
• PS Vita Trophies
• Site & Gaming Console News
PS3 Backup Game Managers
• GameSonic PS3 Manager Updates
• Hybrid Manager PS3 Updates
• IrisMAN PS3 Manager Updates
• Iris Manager PS3 Manager Updates
• MultiMAN PS3 Manager Updates
PS3 CFW (Custom Firmware)
• DARKNET PS3 CFW Updates
• Ferrox PS3 CFW Updates
• Habib PS3 CFW Updates
• Prometheus PS3 CFW Updates
• PS3ITA PS3 CFW Updates
• Rebug PS3 CFW Updates
• Rogero PS3 CFW Updates
• Sky PS3 CFW Updates
• Starz PS3 CFW Updates
PS3 Homebrew Apps
• Movian PS3 Media Center
• PS3 CCAPI (ControlConsoleAPI)
• PS3 NOR & NAND Patcher Updates
• PS3Xport / PeXploit Updates
• No PSN / NoPSN Patch Updates
• PSNPatch / PSN Patch Updates
• PSNStuff+ / PSNStuffX Updates
• PSN / SEN Enabler & Disabler Updates
• TrueAncestor PS3 Tools Updates
• WebMAN Mod Plugin Updates
• Yutolio's PSN Database Updates
PS3 MFW (Modified Firmware)
• PS3 CFW Creator / PS3MFW UI
• PS3MFW Builder / Our MFW Updates
• Ideas or Suggestions to Add?