Sponsored Links

PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm having the same issue with the latest version (3.4 official), that I was having with the redsquirrel87 version v3.3.312 and up.

Which is: videos do not play from external drive, it just tells me that the ram or the cpu is too slow, it shows nothing but a black screen with no sound, then the PS3 crashes and I have to restart it.

The latest release which is working for me is still: v3.3.307 (Dec 06, 2011) from redsquirrel

If any anyone is encountering this same issue, and somehow find a way to fix it. Please let me know.

Thx.

Sponsored Links
    I wonder if anyone can help me with a issue I've recently had with showtime. I had about 20gb of video files in the xmbvideo folder and never had an issue playing them. Yesterday, for some reason all my files mysteriously disappeared.

I transferred a single video file from my usb stick into the xmbvideo folder and played it. After playing the video, then exiting showtime I re-opened showtime and the same video I just finished playing was gone as well leaving me with a empty xmbvideo video folder.

I ftp'd into my ps3 and checked the folder thinking maybe the files are just being hidden, all my video files were gone. I did not mistankely delete any files whatsoever, they were just deleted for some reason. Has anyone had any experience with this?

That's wierd. A lot. Thansk for your report, i was going to try this release. You can use some programs for restore deleted files, should help, at least for 20gb of videos lost.
    Last edited by Bartholomy; 02-07-2012 at 12:21 PM

Thanks. It's no biggie as far as the missing vids go as I have them backed up on my PC. It's just a really weird occurrence I thought I'd shed some light on.

well i love the current version now, it fixes a lot of things like the memory related problems. and also the SMB problems.

I cant say about the xmbvideo since i never had any of my videos stored on the PS3's storage. All of my media are placed in one server that I created, which is the freeNAS.

But the thing that is not been fixed in Showtime for a long time is the DLNA service, which I dont really care though.

Maybe network files is the reason because your videos didn't got deleted?

Showtime PS3 Media Player Repack v3.5.19 Update is Released

Following up on his previous release, this weekend PlayStation 3 homebrew developer Redsquirrel87 has updated Showtime PS3 Media Player Repack to version 3.5.19 with the changes outlined below.

Download: Showtime PS3 Media Player Repack v3.5.19

Showtime PS3 Media Player Repack v3.5.19 Changelog:
    • smb: Add support for domain name in authentication request
    • osx: Fix broken windows button close
    • Drop debug printf
    • spotify: Fix fallout from artist picture revamp
    • osx: Fix application exit bugs
    • Make albumart and artist picture less dependant on last.fm
    • htsbuf: Add htsbuf_to_rstr()
    • Fix bug in imageset decoding
    • http-client: Add support for gzip content encoding
    • Add rstr_spn() helper
    • Add datasource to audio item metadata and tables for storing album art, etc
    • Add prop event class
    • Remove unused/broken EVENT enum entry
    • js: Add plugin.onEvent() for handling global events
    • osx: Make Shift+F5 reload data model
    • js: Refactor the event handling code
    • fa_scanner: Make sure fde_stat.fs_mtime is correctly initialized before use
    • metadata: Correctly update stream list
    • rtmp: Fix crash on Lion 64bit
    • Empty commit
    • Bump (c) year
    • Merge pull request #63 from Daisho/master
    • maj lang fr

Showtime PS3 Media Player Repack v3.5.19 Update is Released

More PlayStation 3 News...

very nice thx. Pretty design

Sponsored Links
Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS4 Downloads - PS4 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 4 News