12-14-2011 #311HeyManHRU Guest
Deank (maker of multiMAN) updated the ".self" file for the showtime player that comes with multiman to v3.3.307 also:
12-14-2011 #312NTA Guest
What version of showtime do you recommend using HeyManHRU?
12-14-2011 #313HeyManHRU Guest
I use one of the earlier Showtime players (can't remember which one), I only use it to play movies of my USB flash drive though so I'm happy with the one I currently use.
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
Showtime PS3 Media Player WebMedia Plugin v1.0 is Released
Last week the previous Showtime PS3 Media Player plugins were updated, and today andreus has released a WebMedia plugin that supports reading RSS, Imagecast, Podcast, Videocast and live TV or radio streams followed by version 1.1.
Download: Showtime WebMedia Plugin v1.0 for PS3 / Showtime WebMedia Plugin v1.1 for PS3 / XML File Maker / GIT
Below are more details from ReadMe File, as follows: WebMedia plugin for Showtime is a free Internet source media reader. Can read RSS feeds, Imagecast, Podcast, Videocast, Live TV and Live Radio (rtmp).
I build this plugin for my own use because I wanted more than current Showtime plugins can give. The purpose of this plugin is to have the possibility to read free media sources available in the Internet.
I thanks Andreas Oman for this wonderful application that is Showtime and for all the plugin documentation. I also thanks facanferff and NP for their excellent plugins.
IMPORTANT: WebMedia only works with Showtime v3.3.328+. (Update: andreus has now confirmed it also works in older versions as well).
1.1: Update version
- Two new types added: Web Resource: For direct links to media content and Web Folder: For direct links to web folders (accepts HTTP/SMB folders)
- Allows to use thestreamdb.com links as sources
- Resolved several bugs in RSS feed reading
- Sources example file with new images for themes
- New logo (all credits go to Girish)
- Several minor improvements
1.0: Initial version
- Read RSS feeds (RSS, Imagecast, Podcast and Videocast)
- Read Live TV and Live Radio (rtmp)
- Settings for choose if want to aggregate sources
- By publisher
- By theme
- By country (242 countries by default)
- By type (6 types by default)
- Read up to four XML data filesfrom HTTP or SMB
- Just need one XML. Just need one URL. No need for a HTTP folder.
- You can choose parental control level (1 to 9) for each source
- You can choose if each source is your favorite
- Extremely flexible, for each source, you can have a simple xml with title and link or a more complex xml with title, link, thumbnail, themes, publisher, country, type, parental control and if is your favorite
- Some debug settings
WebMedia, in the future, will be available directly from Showtime plugin repository.
Meanwhile if you want to install it on your PS3 you have 2 options:
1. Copy the webmedia.zip file to a USB pen drive, open Showtime, go to the USB pen drive icon and run webmedia.zip file
2. Copy the webmedia.zip file to using a file or FTP manager:
Showtime plugin path: /dev_hdd0/game/HTSS00003/USRDIR/settings/installedplugins/
Showtime (Multiman version) plugin path: /dev_hdd0/game/BLES80608/USRDIR/st_settings/installedplugins/
LOCALIZATION OF SOURCES XML FILE
webMedia reads the sources XML file for adding the media sources.
By default, and only for example purposes, the path of this file is inside the zip of the plugin localizated in Showtime directory (see "Installing").
You can unzip the plugin, change the "sources.xml" file and, when your done, zip the plugin again and put it in showtime.
Please note that this only works in unoffical Showtime versions. (see readFile in github.com/andoma/showtime/blob/master/docs/plugins.md)
You can also change the localization of this file file by putting HTTP or SMB paths in the plugin settings.
- SMB: smb://192.168.1.10/webmedia/sources.xml
- HTTP: http://192.168.1.10/webmedia/sources.xml
- HTTP: http://pastehtml.com/view/bfsgjamdn.html
- HTTP: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=WDVC940d
Creating sources XML file
Just use the "webmedia-xml-maker.html" file localizated inside the zip of the plugin.
Editing "sources.xml" file
Just use the "webmedia-xml-maker.html" file localizated inside the zip of the plugin for creating a news xml file and then add the new <item> tags to your old xml file.
Live TV and Live Radio RTMPs
webMedia, like watchTV plugin (by facanferff), can read rtmp links for Live TV and Live Radio.
If you want to see more about rtmp links read the excellent tutorial made by facanferff.
You can use "[WEBMEDIA]" for indicating a local path inside the plugin file. There is a folder "resources" inside the plugin zip file which contains a subfolder for each group. You can use it.
Known issues/Questions/FAQ (with Showtime v3.3.328)
In PS3, I want to change the localization of the xml file but showtime doesn't let me enter text.
The problem is that Showtime doesn't have a virtual keyboard. This is a Showtime problem. There is several issues registered:
Workaround: You have 2 options:
1. Connect a USB keyboard to your PS3, then, in showtime, go to webMedia plugin settings and manualy add your HTTP/SMB URL
2. Use a FTP filemanger and manualy change the configuration file
of the plugin. This file is in:
Showtime (Multiman version): /dev_hdd0/game/BLES80608/USRDIR/st_settings/settings/plugins/webmedia
Just add/change the line "xmllocalization": "xxxxxxxxxxx",
It takes very time to show the sources.
If you enable probe timeout, webMedia probes the sources before displaying it, there is a setting for configuring the probe timeout. But this is not having any effect. This is a Showtime problem. There is an issue registed. Timeout not working https://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/issues/778
I accepted the ToS, but when I restart Showtime it appear again.
The problem is that Showtime can't save to disk realtime setting change. This is a Showtime problem. There is an issue registed. Save a setting in real time https://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/issues/780
Workaround: You can force it in the plugin settings.
I want to use an ATOM feed that webMedia does not read. webMedia doesn't read Atom feeds
Workaround: Use a Web site to convert it in real time
I want to open the RSS feed item link in the browser.
Showtime doesn't support this.
More PlayStation 3 News...
12-15-2011 #315andreus GuestIMPORTANT: WebMedia only works with Showtime v3.3.328+.
The plugin now works in older versions of showtime
12-15-2011 #316spunkybunny Guest
Another LiveTV plugin. Does anyone have a TV station list that works?
The WatchTV list is now dead. None of those channels work and I can't find an updated list anywhere.
12-15-2011 #317andreus Guest
12-15-2011 #318spunkybunny Guest
Nice but the links on that page are also dead.
I'm trying to get TruTV working and cant find a working link. Thats the main one I watch.
12-15-2011 #319andreus Guest
Yes, many of them are dead, but i think that site is collaborative database so i think anyone can keep it updated.
Also, as you can read in webMedia XML file Maker (pastehtml.com/view/bhb04q5or.html)
- Live TV: use .strm URL or ....
I've not tested it but it should work.
12-15-2011 #320NTA Guest
Whoa, does this mean I can watch boomerang from my ps3?