06-13-2011 #31PSPSwampy Guest
Just thought i'd post a link back to one of my tutorials from PSP days - http://www.ps4news.com/forums/psp-ps...html#post20762
(How to compess Curse of Monkey Island for use on PSP)
Now - the compression is no where near as much of an issue on PS3, but still if you're keen on saving space - take a look, gets total files for COMI down to <500mb!
(Trying to make up for the dumb post i made a min ago up there ^^ !)
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
Nice at that PSPSwampy, and ya... the Monkey Island series is one of my favotite classics! +Rep!
06-13-2011 #33PSPSwampy Guest
Hard to believe it's been 2 days shy of 6 years since i joined the site! (Do i get a gold pen or something?! hehe)
Looking back at that old tutorial made me realise just how long it's been!
p.s. thanks for the +rep
10-03-2011 #34NN33NN Guest
I think this is the latest build of the Emulator
ScummVM Test Version #2: github.com/downloads/bgK/scummvm/scummvm-ps3-20110622.pkg
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
ScummVM 1.4.0 Emulator 10th Anniversary Edition for PS3 Arrives
Following up on the previous release and PS3 Port Build 20110622, this weekend PlayStation 3 developer bgK has updated ScummVM, an implementation of LucasArts SCUMM interpreter emulator, to ScummVM version 1.4.0 in celebration of their 10th anniversary.
Download: ScummVM v1.4.0 for PS3 / Where to Get Games / GIT
To quote: It has been over 10 years. We are here thanks to the work of 131 developers. 49,124 commits were made just to the ScummVM tree and those turned into a massive 1,085,714 lines of code (excluding comments) and of course over 7.6 million downloads from the main site alone. I would say those were a great ten years.
The outcome is ScummVM 1.4.0 which we are releasing today, 11/11/11 11:11:11.11.
More games are supported: Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos (based on the same engine as Kyrandia), the kids' game Blue's Birthday Adventure, and the science fiction game Ringworld: Revenge of the Patriarch. On top of that, practically all supported Sierra SCI games now have their Amiga versions working.
Our musically inclined users will notice PC speaker support in Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, CMS support in Loom, The Secret of Monkey Island and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, fixed MIDI in the DOS versions of the Elvira series, and even sound in Winnie the Pooh in the Hundred Acre Wood!
As always, there are many more new features; you can find the full list in our release notes and the release itself on our downloads page. Enjoy!
ScummVM 1.4.0 Emulator for PS3 Changelog:
- Added support for Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos.
- Added support for Blue's Birthday Adventure.
- Added support for Ringworld: Revenge Of The Patriarch.
- Added support for the Amiga version of Conquests of the Longbow.
- Added PlayStation 3 port.
- Fixed the ARM assembly routine for reverse stereo audio.
- Added support for building with MacPorts out of the box.
- Implemented sound support for the DOS version of Winnie the Pooh in the
- Hundred Acre Wood.
- Implemented support for loading data directly from InstallShield cabinets in The Feeble Files and Simon the Sorcerer's Puzzle Pack.
- Fixed loading and saving in the PC version of Waxworks.
- Fixed music in the PC versions of Elvira 1/2 and Waxworks.
- Added support for the iOS version of The 7th Guest.
- Fixed crash when trying to talk and ask something at the same time.
- Added better handling of digital vs. synthesized sound effects. If the "Mixed Adlib / MIDI mode" checkbox is checked, the engine will prefer digital sound effects, otherwise their synthesized counterparts will be preferred instead, if both versions of the same effect exist.
- Implemented PC Speaker support for SCUMM v5 games.
- Fixed priority bug in iMuse. As a result the AdLib music should sound better, since important notes are not interrupted anymore.
- Implemented CMS support for Loom, The Secret of Monkey Island and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- Improved palette handling for the Amiga version of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.
Broken Sword 1:
- Fix freeze in Windows demo.
- Fix crash when using cutscene subtitles pack with the Macintosh version.
- Fixed deleting saved games from the list of saved games (from the launcher and the in-game ScummVM menu).
- The US version of Discworld II now shows the correct title screen and language flag.
- Fixed plugins on Android 3.x.
- Moved the default saved game location to the SD card.
More PlayStation 3 News...
11-13-2011 #36SuperSaiyen Guest
11-13-2011 #37iloveyou Guest
Nice, finally TOONSTRUCK is running Proper on PS3
No DosBox and so on (i already got it working on DosBox, but its easier for you on ScumVm )
Put files from Disc 1 and 2 in one Folder... The ACT Folders are important.
It should look like:
Copy TOONSTRUCK Folder to external HDD (or internal, depends on you)
Open Multiman and Connect to PS3 FTP...go to dev_hdd0/game/SCUM12000/USRDIR/ and put the toon.dat in there. (it should look like that /USRDIR/toon.dat)
Start ScumVm and "Add Game" select "TOONSTRUCK" Folder and have fun. No other Settings needed.
Enjoy this awesome old Retro Game. Hope it helps some of you guys. Hf
DEV State from ScumWiki:
Game is completable.
- Requires the toon.dat resource file
- Occasional graphical glitches
And sry for bad english.
11-15-2011 #38sdlaurin Guest
has anyone tried loading up windows yet? works on my froyo tablet using scummvm
11-15-2011 #39barrybarryk Guest
It'd be pointless apart from a "hey look what I can do" standpoint, performance would be woeful (like 15year old PC woeful, not netbook win7 woeful)
01-31-2012 #40HeyManHRU Guest
ScummVM 1.4.1 PS3 Emulator Subwoofer Release is Now Available
Recently the ScummVM Team have updated their ScummVM PS3 Emulator Subwoofer release to version 1.4.1 with the changes outlined below, as follows:
Download: ScummVM 1.4.1 PS3 Emulator Subwoofer Release / ScummVM 1.4.1 PS3 Emulator Subwoofer Release (Mirror)
To quote: The ScummVM Team is pleased to announce ScummVM 1.4.1, a maintenance only release that fixes several bugs in 1.4.0.
The most notable changes in this release are:
- Support for the Beneath a Steel Sky Enhanced Soundtrack by James Woodcock
- Slight graphical improvement for the PlayStation version of Broken Sword 2
- Several bugfixes for Lands of Lore
- More logical sound settings for SCI games
- A fixed crash in the VGA version of Quest for Glory 1
As always, there are many more new features; you can find the full list in our release notes (http://sourceforge.net/projects/scum...easeNotes/view) and the release itself on our downloads page. Enjoy!
More PlayStation 3 News...