11-07-2010 #21iloveyou Guest
i tried DOTT, and i get no sound... do i have to configure the sound settings ? What should i setup there ? Thanks for answer
11-07-2010 #22aries2k6 Guest
I just tried this and itīs working great with The Dig. Iīm using the DualShock controller with no problems. Sound is fine and Savestates are working. I was just going to try this out but I got pulled into the story and played for a couple of hours. Real nice to relive the classic PC days. thanks to the coder for this.
I tried a few other games. They all started but I didnīt do any thorough testing. I did have a some problems with the button configurations but I havenīt been using a keyboard. I will be trying a few more games and Iīll report if I find any problems.
11-08-2010 #23lithium210 Guest
11-08-2010 #24iloveyou Guest
11-08-2010 #25Karuto Guest
Any way we could get a live video of this? I would love to see how it works when played.
EDIT: Nevermind, found one on Youtube... added to the first post now.
11-20-2010 #26xcrawler Guest
i can't fix any graphics mode (super eagle, 2x sai...etc etc) any help there?
and thanks a lot for making it happen on ps3
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
ScummVM Build 20110605 for PS3 Custom Firmware by bgK
Today PlayStation 3 developer bgK has updated ScummVM, an implementation of LucasArts SCUMM interpreter emulator, to Build 20110605 for PS3 Custom Firmware users.
For those unaware, ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data files.
Download: ScummVM Build 20110605 for PS3 CFW / ScummVM Build 20110605 for GeoHot/WutangRZA PS3 CFW / GIT
To quote: ScummVM on PS3:
- A homebrew enabled PlayStation 3 console. As of now that mostly means having a custom firmware installed. Obtaining and installing such a software is out of the scope of this document. Sorry, but you’re on your own for that one.
- At least one ScummVM supported game. The list of compatible games can be seen here: http://www.scummvm.org/compatibility/
- The page http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Wh..._get_the_games references some places where those games can be bought. Demonstration versions for most of the supported games are downloadable on http://scummvm.org/demos/
- An USB drive.
- From a computer, download the installable package of the PS3 port from ScummVM’s main site. It should be a .pkg file. Copy it to an USB drive.
- After having plugged the USB drive to you PS3, the installation package should appear in the XMB under the “Games > Install Package” menu. Installing it copies ScummVM and its dependencies to your PS3′s hard drive. It also adds the “Games > PlayStation 3 > ScummVM” XMB entry which is to be used to launch ScummVM.
Configuring and playing games
- The user manual describes how to add games to ScummVM and launch them : http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/User_Manual
PlayStation 3 Specifics
- Games can be launched either from an USB drive or from the internal hard drive. The internal hard drive has better performance though.
- Savegames are wrote in the /hdd0/game/SCUM12000/saves folder.
- Left stick => Mouse
- Cross => Left mouse button
- Circle => Right mouse button
- Triangle => Game menu (F5)
- Square => Escape
- Start => ScummVM’s in global game menu
- Select => Toggle virtual keyboard
- L1 => AGI predictive input dialog
- Unauthorized distribution of an installable package with non freeware games included is a violation of the copyright law and is as such forbidden.
Building from source
- This port of ScummVM to the PS3 is based on SDL. It uses the open source SDK PSL1GHT.
- The dependencies needed to build it are :
- The toolchain from https://github.com/ps3dev/ps3toolchain
- SDL from https://github.com/zeldin/SDL_PSL1GHT
- ScummVM from https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm
Once all the dependencies are correctly setup, an installable package can be obtained from source by issuing the following command :
./configure –host=ps3 && make ps3pkg
More PlayStation 3 News...
06-13-2011 #28daveshooter Guest
Well it runs in 3.15, all i need now is some games to test with.
06-13-2011 #29PSPSwampy Guest
Sweet - was wondering when ScummVM would be ported
Now i can have it on my PC, Wii, Phone, PSP and PS3 !
- Strange how i never get time to actually PLAY any games on it though!
Still - great news non-the-less!
Wow - obviously got too excited, forgot this news came out a while back and i've already commented on it! lol (D'OH)
06-13-2011 #30NTA Guest
Thanks. Been waiting for this.