I try other game
I download GT US pkg from first page here...
Do we have a chance to make GT wonk ever?
Does the PRX encrypter sign unsigned PRXs and make games work that otherwise wouldn't? Cause I might go back and retry the games I've tried if it works.
Also LocoRoco 2 is slightly bigger at 1.68GB if you want to integrate it.. haven't seen any 1.7 or 1.8's yet though.
need a tool that does it all ..auto untill then i doubt we will get far...
JOHNBOI ... the process is not that complicated ... and szczuru's PSP2PS3 is getting simpler and simpler ...
TBH ... the "just two clicks GUI" that does everything comes always after some people get far enough...
yeah. i been wanting to get psp games working beleve it or not was only reason i bought ps3 n kept it offline cos i been hoping for this day to come i know things can only get better and i appologise if i seem frustrated imma noob when it comes to learning but when i do im good
PSP2PS3 v1.7.3 will be online soon (~1h - just check dl link )
DONOR WON'T BE NEEDED ANYMORE
perhaps a simple gui next? oh btw mortal kombat unchained works
well works thru menu then crashes after 5 secs of play
PSP2PS3 v.1.7.3 is online
---FIXED: Starting EDAT Tool when user chooses to unpack iso
---FIXED: Issue when function sleep doesn't exist in system - pause will be used insted of it.
---Extension in output filename is now required
---DONOR.PBP isn't required anymore. Replaced fake_np with one which doesn't need DONOR //thanks to Aldo (aka aldostools)
From PatrickBatman also comes a brief guide (easy way to rename iso/cso to np.iso or np.cso), as follows:
1. Obtain PSP game in PKG format and put it in this directory. (Only for DEX users - you need also make_edata_npdrm.exe - put in tools dir)
IF YOU WANT TO USE ISO INSTEAD OF EBOOT.PBP
- Copy ISO file here
- RUN ISO2EBOOT (name output PBP as EBOOT.PBP)
- GO TO STEP 3
IF ERROR APPEARS THAT ISO IS TOO BIG TOO FAKE THEN TRY TO DELETE FROM ISO UPDATE DIRECTORY IN PSP_GAME/SYSDIR USING UMDGEN. IF ERROR APPEARS THAT EBOOT ISN'T SIGNED THEN UNPACK ISO WITH UMDGEN, DELETE FILE OPNSSMP.BIN FROM ISODIR/PSP_GAME/SYSDIR/ (THIS FILE COULD NOT EXIST SOMETIMES). COPY EBOOT.BIN TO PSP2PS3 DIR AND RUN SIGN_EBOOT. REPACK ISO USING UMDGEN WITH SIGNED EBOOT.BIN (OVERWRITE OLD ONE) WORKS ONLY IF GAME HAVE SIGNED MODULES (SIGNEM MODULES STARTS WITH "~SCE")
2. Put pkg in PSP2PS3 dir and run EXTRACT_PKG
3. Run MAKE_EDATS_[CEX/DEX]
4. Run MAKE_PACKAGE (after packaged is created script will ask to tranfer pkg to PS3 via FTP)
(IMPORTANT FOR DEX USERS! If you have "Package Manager" [eg in Rebug FW] and you want to install package you'll see only "Please Wait" message. Wait till message dissappear then go to Package Manager -> Playstation Network Content and install your package from there).
Tested on Rebug 4.30.2 CEX/DEX.
PSPMinis / Bite v1.2 PSP2PS3 PS3 Homebrew Application Updated
Following up on PSP2PS3 v1.7.3 for CEX / DEX by szczuru, today Italian PlayStation 3 developers at BiteYourConsole have updated their PSP Minis on PS3 application dubbed PSPMinis / Bite to version 1.2 with the changes below.
Download: PSPMinis / Bite v1.2 / PSPMinis / Bite v1.2 (Mirror) / PSPMinis / Bite v1.2 (Mirror #2) / PSPMinis / Bite v1.1 / PSP_EBOOT.rar by Agrippa90 / PSPcipher.7z (Can't decrypt some tags) by lex3a / PSP MINIS 1.1 GUI by israyel
To quote, roughly translated: Based on the frequent releases of the developer szczuru for his excellent work PSP2PS3 arrived at version 1.7.3 we have decided to release a program that simplifies the steps to follow.
Drag a file EBOOT.PBP, a PKG file to be extracted or an ISO file in the window that you see in the program. Click PspMinis PspMinis CEX DEX or according to your console.
From this screen, we can extract the PKG file included above, to convert our ISO file EBOOT.PBP, or if we can create an EBOOT.PBP file ISO.BIN and MINIS.bin. The program creates the game in PKG format to install on the PS3 in 3 simple clicks of the mouse. Convert, Create, Build.
Batch files have been translated into Italian for a quick and easy understanding.
1.7.3 PSP2PS3 Changelog:
- MAKE_EDATS_CEX: Starting EDAT when the user chooses to unpack the ISO.
- MAKE_PACKAGE: Fixed an issue when the sleep function does not exist in the system.
- ISO2EBOOT: DONOR.PBP the file is no longer required.
- Fake_np replaced, support for files larger than 728 mb, no longer requires the donor file thanks to Aldo (aldostools).
Changelog 1.2 Bite program:
- Adding psp icon in the program.
- Adding sounds to mouse clicks on the buttons.
- Fixed other minor bugs.
From szczuru: PSP isn't needed anymore to decrypt EBOOTs I'm testing this method since morning and working ok.
Download JPCPS and in Options->Configuration-> Crypto TAB enable 'Extract decrypted EBOOT.BIN files to TMP folder' option.
Then load encrypted EBOOT.BIN using "Load file" option. Decrypted EBOOT.BIN will be saved in TMP directory.
From $n!pR: In Dev C++ you can just install the zlib package. aldostools, is there anything stopping us from using the real SFO info from iso in the EBOOT.PBP (Title and CID)? Instead of DONOR.PBP's SFO info? Editing the src of fakebig_np you provided...
From aldostools: Well the code is not mine and I haven't tested it, but looking in the .h files, I guess it could be possible to replace in UCES00310.h, the static bytes listed below with some values received from a parameter (unless some of the other bytes contain a hash of the headers):
[Register or Login to view code]
From zecoxao: i don't know if this has been told, but simply EBOOT.PBP is enough rename, no need for NP.PBP on npdpc v2.
Another "mod" based on the awesome work from szczuru (BRAIN) 1.7.3. I have been trying to streamline the procedure to basically 1 single click: put the file (pkg, cso or iso) in the PSP2PS3 folder and run the proper batch.
The "MakeEDATs.exe" will fill the CID and press the buttons automatically and auto create the PKG. It is a "beta" that is focused on the PSP conversion for CEX, so the DEX procedure could not be working. If there are not major issues, I could be integrating this to the Windows context menu of the ps3tools collection... if szczuru is ok with that.
Using my "mod" 1.7.3a are 2 steps:
If your game is in CSO format:
1. put the .cso of CC:FF7 in PSP2PS3 folder (make sure there are not other .cso)
2. run "1b. CSO2ISO.bat" and wait until it finish.
If your game is already in ISO format:
1. put the .iso of CC:FF7 in PSP2PS3 folder and rename it as NP.ISO
2. run "1b. ISO2EBOOT.bat" and wait until it finish.
Here is another "mod" v1.7.3c: Download: PSP2PS3_v1.7.3c_CEX-DEX.7z
- Added support for context menu: run "Right_click_context_menu - CSO & PBP.bat" as administrator (In my tests currently CSO context is worked, for some reason PBP didn't show. I will add ISO to the context menu later... this is still a WIP)
- The PKG now uses the original name of the CSO
- ISO2PBP.bat now uses the old version of fake_np 1.0 if the ISO image is smaller than 133.4MB (this helps to speed up the conversion & makes the final PKG smaller)
- Fix: Added option to include or not the load_tmp/open_tmp/save_tmp in the placeholder.
- Disabled the question about upload the PKG to FTP (it can be enabled commenting the goto ftp_no in 3. MAKE_PACKAGE.bat)
- Improved the speed of MakeEDATs.exe (now should work better)
- More bug fixes (this version still doesn't use the CID as command line parameter from pink1... I will check it later)
Only EDATs and PKG should have the same Content ID. The content id of the EBOOT is not validated by the PS3.
In my tests:
- EBOOT CID=Syphon, EDAT CID=Brave, PKG CID=Brave ---> OK
- EBOOT CID=Syphon, EDAT CID=Syphon, PKG CID=Brave ---> Black Screen
- EBOOT CID=Brave, EDAT CID=Brave, PKG CID=Brave ---> OK (but requires Brave from PSN)
From pink1: It doesn't get the contentID straight from the PBP first it dumps the BINs with mongoose.exe and then reads it from ISO.BIN with:
[Register or Login to view code]
From samson: English "make.bat" made by Google:
[Register or Login to view code]
From BlackDaemon comes a video demonstrating a possibility of Minis on SEX-based MFW. To quote:
Let’s back a bit in time, when Kakaroto was making his HEN for OFW 4.xx. He said, that he was able to install pkg’s but can’t run it because it requires proper SELF signature. Minis doesn’t have any SELF files inside and could be packed as free content.
Well, i have done one experiment – on CFW 3.55 i installed those packages, updated to SEX-based MFW by TechnoDon and tried to run installed pseudo-minis. See, what happened on video (sorry for quality, unfortunately PS Vita can’t record it better). I have flasher, so it not a problem for me to go back to normal CFW.
From israyel (via naha09) comes the first English version of Bite 1.2 / PSP2PS3v1.7.3a CEX-DEX with details below, as follows:
Download: PSP MINIS 1.1 GUI
PSP MINIS 1.1 GUI Changelog:
- Fixed issue with buttons and no resources
- Made simple with menu strip
- Also fixed directory issue need to be extracted to desktop
Finally, below are the initial PSPMinis v1.1 details for legacy purposes, roughly translated as follows:
We are pleased to present our latest project by BiteYourConsole, PSPMinis 1.1. The program contains all the files with bat (batch file contains a sequence of commands to the command interpreter system, usually Command.com or Cmd.exe).
If the program is drag an EBOOT.PBP, a PKG file to extract or file you want to convert and click DONOR.ISO our choice, whether to convert the title for the console or the console CEX DEX.
From here we have two possibilities, if we have an ISO image file we can convert an EBOOT.PBP, we can also extract a PKG file exists in the directory, the program will automatically extract the file in bytes.
Or if we have the EBOOT.PBP we can convert to our PS3, we can create an infinite number of packages with the ability to be able to change the ID PKG. The PKG file that is created can be found in directory Bite or in the tools folder.
More PlayStation 3 News...