10-11-2012 #51Shade01 Guest
Lol, and how is the scene supposed to make progress if every significant discovery is kept private?
Any kind of exploit can be patched but if you use that excuse then nothing is ever going to be released.
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
Video: PS3 3K3y Revelations - Blu-ray ODD Emulator Demo Arrives
Following up on the previous update, today the PS3 3K3y Team have made available a video, the official features and release date of 12-12-12 for those interested below.
To quote: PS3 3K3y Features:
- Play your PS3, PS2 and PSX games from any USB media!
- No custom firmware required for operation* - you can update to the latest official firmware for PSN access
- Integrated game ripper
- User friendly intuitive interface
- No soldering required
- Multi-language support
- Compatible with both Fat and Slim models
- Supports most file systems, including NTFS, EXT2/3/4, and Mac OS X Extended
- High speed USB2 interface
- Powerful embedded Linux system running from Micro SD card (included)
- Linux firmware fully updatable from USB media
- FPGA fully updatable from USB media via built-in, in-system JTAG programming
- Recovery mode - it is always possible to recover from a bad flash Update your PS3 as normal, no CFW or game patching required
- Pass-through mode. (Use your PS3 in "normal mode")
* Currently firmware 3.55 is required for exctracting the drive key. Once the key has been extracted the PS3 can be updated to any official or custom firmware. We are working on hardware methods for extracting keys from PS3's already on 4.x firmware.
PS3 3K3y How It Works:
3k3y is an optical disk drive emulator for the PlayStation 3 video game console. It is installed between the genuine Blu-ray drive and the PS3 motherboard.
Once 3k3y is successfully installed and configured it can be used to make backups of your original PS3 game disks to USB media, and play those backups from USB media without the need of the original game disk.
Several games can be backed up to a single USB media, making it ideal as a 'jukebox' for hardcore gamers as well as for families with children too young to handle bluray discs with appropriate care.
3k3y works with most PS3 models, however there are a few exceptions, most notably the new super slim model and all PS3s which comes with firmware 4.xx (after retrieving the drive key the PS3 can be upgraded to any firmware). We are working to add support for these PS3's but you are adviced to consult with your reseller if you are in doubt whether your PS3 is compatible with 3k3y or not.
Finally, 3K3Y has detailed pricing at a costly USD $129 for those who can't wait for free PlayStation 3 scene solutions, new PS3 key leaks, CEX and DEX fixes, etc.
Shortly following, a bit more information about 3K3y and 3Dump (via consolecrunch.com/more-information-about-3k3y-3dump-coming-soon/) surfaced, to quote:
Following up on the previous update, today the 3K3y Team shows us a picture of their future release application called 3Dump that allows you to dump the key that is needed to use the 3K3y.
More PlayStation 3 News...
10-13-2012 #53Tidusnake666 Guest
That's cool, etc, etc.
But it still needs 3.55 and on 3.55 you can convert console to DEX and play nearly every new game. So, unless they make an 4.xx+ solution, it's not much of use to the end-user (although it's a quite a breakthrough in PS3 scene, glad to see smth like WODE)
10-14-2012 #54Hernaner28 Guest
This is really amazing but anyone can install it? Is it hard?
Of course it is. DEX is a complete CRAP, how can you say that? I would never install that crap of DEX but I'm definately buyiing this: no need to change flash files and no risk for brick!!
10-14-2012 #55CREEPSHOW Guest
may be you can kinect the PS Vita to the usb on the ps3 and you can send psp games to PS Vita and i wonder now much is the 3K3y going to be and is it worth it
10-14-2012 #560Umix0 Guest
good news thanks
10-14-2012 #57niwakun Guest
10-14-2012 #58Liongooder Guest
Its awesome, and i bet that they can make homebrew apps in the future, because once you extract the PS3 drive key you can almost do every thing, just like the XBOX360.
10-14-2012 #59niwakun Guest
you forgot the important thing. You cant run unsigned code on Official Firmware, also it makes the private keys we have in 3.55 or lower blocked. So how the hell they can execute it, you are even required to downgrade to 3.55 just to grab the BD keys.
Well unless you are in DEX, maybe all of those doesn't matter anymore since you can execute signed and unsigned codes.
10-14-2012 #60BluRay Guest
Just because it isn't stupid-proof, doesn't mean its crap. DEX allows you to do much more and its brick can be recovered by using a Flasher, actually, you can easily avoid it by reading tutorials and not being mentally challenged.