Rogero Downgrader PUP for Any PS3 CFW Version Back to 3.55 Out
Following up on his recent CEX 4.40 v1.02 PS3 CFW and PS3 NOR and NAND Auto Patcher v0.04, PlayStation 3 developer Rogero has now released a Rogero Downgrader PUP for any PS3 CFW version back to 3.55.
Download: 3.55_Rogero_Downgrader_RSOD.PUP (183.45 MB) / 3.55 Rogero Downgrader RSOD.PUP (Mirror) / 3.55_Rogero_Downgrader_RSOD.PUP (Mirror #2) / 3.55 Rogero Downgrader RSOD.PUP (Mirror #3) / 3.55 Rogero Downgrader RSOD.PUP (Mirror #4) / 3.55_rogero_downgrader_rsod.rar (Mirror #5) / Toggle QA.pkg / Toggle QA.pkg (Mirror) / toggle_qa.pkg (Mirror #2)
Size: 183 MB (192,364,467 bytes)
To quote: Rogero Downgrader PUP for any CFW version back to 3.55
- This CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over any CFW version ( 3.55 --> 9.99 )
- RSOD screen bypass patch for RSOD machines (it won't fix the RSOD but allows the PS3 to boot fine into XMB)
- It does have all the features from Rogero CEX-3.55 v3.7
Downgrading back to CFW3.55 from any CFW version (3.55 --> 9.99) is always possible using the following steps:
- Download the Rogero Downgrader PUP from the links posted above.
- Rename the downloaded file to "PS3UPDAT.PUP" and put it on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP"
- While on any CFW version, go to System Update from XMB and install the Downgrader PUP.
- After the Downgrader PUP installs you'll be back on CFW3.55 (but the syscon version will still have 9.99 in it)
- In case you didn't have it Set Before, Enable QA flag by following these steps:
- Download the Rebug QA_Toggle package from here ---> toggle_qa.pkg
- Put the "toggle_qa.pkg" on USB and Install it on the PS3.
- Run the "Rebug Toggle QA" from XMB, the screen will go Black and you will see HDD Led activity then if all went fine you will hear 2 or 3 Beeps and the PS3 will Restart back to XMB.
- If you want to make sure QA flag was set, go to "Network Settings" then apply the following key combo (all at the same time): L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down
You should see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files if done correctly.
- Now put "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP" ---> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7.PUP
- Start the PS3 and install "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" using the System Update from XMB.
- Once you're back on Rogero CFW3.55 v3.7 you can now install any CFW you want using the System Update from XMB (or Recovery Menu if XMB Update didn't work).
More PlayStation 3 News...
for a moment I thought the title said OFW instead of CFW... lol
Can anyone confirm that this works on Dex please ?
this obviously does NOT work non dex, dex must use thier 3.55-dg ofw that allow downgrade from ANY cfw\ofw 3.55+ to 3.55
That would be nice. I have OFW 4.40
do i really have to install Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7.PUP, or i can stop at 3.55 rogero downgrader + toggel QA.pkg??
If you don't want issues, then yes just follow the instructions as they are wrote.