I want to make sure I understand this correctly. This thread is about packing fake-signed debug executables obtained from debug .pkg along with contents decrypted from retail game disc using cellftp.self into a single .pkg file that can be installed via debug units' "install dev package" feature. However, this does not solve the fundermantal road-block we have, that is, you gotta have a debug patch(.pkg) to start with.
what is the suite you use ?
08-07-2010 #23Banned User
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
Guys i have written a little app to generate a debug .pkg using sce tools but i lost my energy line and dont can work on the app or help to time.Maybe the boss have released it but i dont think so yet.
And if you have the right tools or conections you can pack nearly every game back to a .pkg game.But main key will be the special downgrader .pkg´s to be able to get hands on every decrypted EBOOT.BIN from a game.PLZ dont ask me about this .pkg´s and cant say to 100% because i cant work or test to time.
Geohot for example, was apparently absolutely certain that it was possible to disable the protection with a switch (like on the iPhone and other systems - because of bad design, the interface layer had write ability to the lower level system, so user-programs could make changes that way).
So on the ps3 that doesn't work. There's no switch to pull out - the encryption scheme needs to function for the rest of the system to work. Meaning: only way to get these packages for hdd games to work on a retail console is to get hold of developer tools, and their encryption keys.
Or just, you know, rewrite all the hardware interfaces from scratch.
Hello all, I ve got a questions concerning backup games. I am going to get a PS3 Tool and I wanted to know if I can copy more than one game to the HDD. Or do I always have to "switch" the games on the HDD?
Thanks in advance
hmmm, and with DECHA00A ?
Which, a PS3 TEST lacks an internal BD EMU HDD, however you can use an external USB HDD for that. As for putting games on the internal hard disk - same rules apply, as many as will fit on the drive!
You can also of course, upgrade the drive with a larger capacity one, and be well off (not to mention, run some from disk or PC)
again Retail Game on Debug...
I wanted to ask only whether this procedure is correct?
01) Game Ripping via CJPC Tutorial or Target Manager
02) extract EBOOT.BIN (unfself EBOOT.BIN MyDecryptedGameName.elf)
03) Starting the Game Disc => he make a dir on the PS3 (IDofTHEgame) some Games starts only in Release Mode
04) elf File edit with HxD or other Hex Editior (dev_bdvd to dev_hdd0/game/TITLEIDHERE)
is it ok so?
05) the edited and stored elf file convert to EBOOT.BIN (make_fself MyDecryptedGameName.elf NewEBOOT.BIN OR make_fself_npdrm MyDecryptedGameName.elf NewEBOOT.BIN) ??
06) Editing the SFO File with System File Editor v0.80 or Hex Editior and Change GD or DG to HG => Save File
07) now delete all files in new IDOFGAME dir on the PS3 (dev_hdd0/game/IDOFGAME/) and copy all the files, the one before it ripped to the PC
08) now replace the modified Eboot.bin and the SFO file with the originals
This procedure is correct?
or there is something missing?
Now I realize that it must be extracted from one of Eboot.bin Debug PKG!!
And that must be lucky, that is a Debug PKG file still online! Otherwise, there are some here with you to download!
PS: DATA2 behind the ID is stored on the HDD0, so the game has received this folder!
You are right on, just make sure to use "make_fself_npdrm" to make a self compatible to run from the HDD.