Remote Play Loader Runtime Patcher for PlayStation 3 is Released
Today Mysis has released a Remote Play Loader Runtime Patcher application for PlayStation 3, which allows users to connect their PS3 system to a Windows 7 PC even if it isn't a Sony Vaio computer to run Remote Play enabled games.
Download: Remote Play Loader Runtime Patcher for PS3 v1.0.2.06210 / Remote Play Loader Runtime Patcher for PS3 v188.8.131.5270 / Sony Remote Play App v1.0.2.06210 / Sony Remote Play App v184.108.40.20670 / PS3SFOEDIT v0.8 for Windows / PS3SFOEDIT v1 for Linux
Previously, several patches for Sony PS3 Remote Play and Remote Keyboard Software were released and a Guide for PS3 / PSP Remote Play on Non-Remote Play Games was also made available for those interested.
From the ReadMe file: Remote Play with PlayStation 3 (C) Sony - runtime patcher.
This loader runtime patches the Remote Play with PlayStation 3 Software to work on NON-Vaio Windows 7 installations. Created on: Windows 7 64Bit Sp1.
- launcher (exe)
- runtime patchin (dll)
The way VRPSDK.dll checks your Machines Manufacturer is through the WMI Interface. ("Select * from Win32_ComputerSystem" | you can double-click Manufacturer.vbs for fun)
VRPSDK.DLL Protection: Themida
This patcher is created for Remote Play with Playstation 3 Version 1.0.2.06210 (EP0000226214.EXE)
But it might work for newer or older versions too.
How to use:
1) copy rmp_launcher.exe & rmp_dll.dll to your "Remote Play with PlayStation 3"-Installation where VRP.exe lies
2) run rmp_launcher.exe and continue Steps
Sources included (for tasm)
Finally, from JailBreakScene: Here's a list of games and software that supports Remote Play by default:
- Aqua Vita/Aquatopia (PSN game)
- Anarchy: Rush Hour (PSN game)
- Bejeweled 2 (PSN game/demo)
- Bionic Commando Rearmed (PSN game/demo)
- BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (BD game)
- FirstPlay (PSN software)
- Gundemonium Recollection (PSN game)
- High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition (PSN game)
- Imabikisou (BD game/PSN demo)
- Lair (BD game)
- LEGO Batman (BD game)
- Life with PlayStation (PSN software)
- Mainichi Issho (PSN game)
- Misato Katsuragi’s Reporting Plan (PSN game)
- Peggle (PSN game)
- Peggle Nights (PSN game add-on)
- PixelJunk Eden (PSN game/demo)
- PixelJunk Monsters (PSN game/demo)
- PixelJunk Shooter (PSN game)
- PlayStation 1 games (CD games/demos, PSN games/demos)
- PlayTV (BD software/PSN demo)
- SingStar (BD game)
- SingStar Vol. 2 (BD game)
- SingStar ABBA (BD game)
- VidZone (PSN software)
- Weekly Toro Station (PSN game)
- Zuma (PSN game/demo)
However, if you wish to enable Remote Play on a specific game or software, you can do so by using PS3SFOEDIT to edit the game or software’s PARAM.SFO file.
Editing PARAM.SFO file:
- Download PS3SFOEDIT for Windows or Linux
- Get the PARAM.SFO
- Open PARAM.SFO through SFO Editor
- Put a check “PSP Remote-Play available”
- Save the PARAM.SFO and place the file in your game/software.
Remote Play with PS3: This is the official Remote Play app for Sony Vaio PC. Download either one above.
Note: The app will not work on non-Vaio PC until the Loader (above) is set up correctly.
Instructions for setting up the Loader:
- copy rmp_launcher.exe & rmp_dll.dll to your “Remote Play with PlayStation 3″ installation
- run rmp_launcher.exe and continue steps
More PlayStation 3 News...
I was using my pc with remotejoy to my psp to my ps3. Sweet!!!
Crashes when registering PS3...
Love it. Except for me I'd want to know for a fact if ps3 games can be modified to be remote played. So far from that list Lair is the only actual main ps3 game out of the list. All the rest I don't care. I want to use it but I'm not sure yet.
I tried 3 PSN games (one in list) and neither of them worked, edited the sfo file as well.
11-04-2011 #6Banned User
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
Yea, you can modify PS3 games to be remote play enabled but 99% of them wont work via the PC remote play but they will work with the PSP remote play.
I edited GT5 and Killzone 3 and played them on the PSP
PSP remote play is impossible for me. I don't own a Slim PSP. So so far I guess it's 100% useless.
I want to add I also don't have a "Vaio PC" So they lied. They said it was patched to work for "any" PC but it also says it does NOT work for every PC. So wtf??
games won't play even when patched (using pc, not psp)
11-05-2011 #9Banned User
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
1Panic - its any psp not just the slim.
zankai - its the actual PC port of remote play thats the fail not the crack. As I said 99% of remote play apps wont work via the PC but will work via a PSP.
Do you really think Sony will be that nice for it to actually work?
Whats your thoughts with the Vita? They say they will have remote play for the Vita but they've always had it for the PSP and its been useless so will they actually let the Vita run games properly or crippled like the way they have it now with the PSP?
I'll give this a shot, if it doesn't add additional lag that's very useful. Just displaying it through my PC means I can add post processing anti aliasing to it. MLAA has been broken for a while now (nice going with those drivers there AMD) but FXAA can still be applied by injecting files.