RCOMage v1.1.0 - RCO Manipulation Tool for PS3 and PSP Arrives
A couple days back ZiNgA BuRgA released RCOMage v1.1.0, which allows you to dump any RCO (localized resource) file from both PS3 and PSP Firmware followed by version 1.1.1b.
Break the RCO on down and customize text strings, audio, and graphics to your liking and then recompile the modified resources and you've just created yourself a PS3 Custom Theme!
Download: RCOMage v1.1.0 for PS3/PSP / RCOMage v1.1.1 for PS3/PSP / RCOMage v1.1.1b for PS3/PSP / Simply Vita RCO Extractor v1.00 (svre.rar) / SVRE GIT by cfwprophet
• Minor message output changes
• Fixed bug where rcomage may have tried to convert non-GIM images through gimconv when dumping
• Fixed minor issue if Image/Sound/Text tree contained no subentries
• Removed option to select compression for PNG/JPG/TIF/GIF resources in GUI as it's mostly useless and may break the RCO if changed
• Add UMDFlag attribute to RcoFile tag
• Reduce the use of CDATA sections in the dumped text XML file
• Add basic VSMX decoder/encoder; add corresponding option when dumping/compiling in CLI and GUI, as well as vsmxdec and vsmxenc functions in the CLI
• Export some internal constants to .ini files
• Add support for UTF8 and UTF32 text in RCOs (found in PS3 RCOs); also fixed some potential character encoding issues
• Add support for Fontstyle entries (used in the sysconf PS3 RCO)
• Greatly improve handling PS3 RCO object structures (thanks goes to geohot for RCO samples)
• Add support for writing PS3 RCOs; also modify GimConv to add PS3 configuration option
Update: KaKaRoToKS has now updated ZiNgA BuRgA's Windows RCOMage v1.1.1 utility to RCOMage v1.1.1 for Linux users.
• Add --ini-dir option to allow specifying INI directory for the CLI
• Add version tag 0x97 as a valid PS3 tag (fixes some issues with dumping RCOs from older PS3 firmwares) [thanks to Mr Shizzy for the samples]
• Export animtable tag constants to .ini file; also fix up PS3's special MoveTo animation
• Minor modification to WAV parser - will now skip bytes if header specifies it
• Remove UTF-8 BOMs from dumped XML before the text values - seems to cause issues on some machines (and I don't think it's exactly valid anyway)
• Strip nulls from text (RCO Editor may add them)
• Replace the various "unknownInt1" name with "accelMode" - thanks to Vegetano1 for the find
Update #2: cfwprophet has also made available Simply Vita RCO Extractor v1.00 (linked above) with details below, as follows:
Simply Vita RCO Extractor v1.00
What it is?
Well exactly what the name say: It does extract the Data Table of a Vita RCO File and Convert it to there PC view able extansion
And which one are they?
.GIM to .PNG, .VAG to .WAV, .DDS to .GTF
What to do else?
The CXML convertion. But for that i have a own Tool in progress which can also handle then PS3 CXML Container's as well the Vita one. Additional will the Tool let you re-build a CXML container.
How to use that SVRE Tool?
simply use shell and enter: 'svre -f <vita_rco>'
That's it for now...
-Have Fun- yours cfwprophet
More PlayStation 3 News...
Very nice find MisSpark, and +Rep for submitting it!
It's about time someone made an app to do this for the PS3, digging through RCO's by hand was such a pain. The app does work well for most PS3 RCO's - ran into a few problems with very large ones (1MB+), but for anything under that size it seemed to unpack fine!
Sad that it took 2 years for someone to get it done after the information was out there!
Can someone upload those RCOs or reply with a download link? Just so we can take a look at them for users that can't dump them.
Yep - check out the attachment, these are the RCO's I had handy from quite a while back, dumped off a PS3 TEST.
exciting times for the ps3... Just need to buy one now...