Today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer Hykem (the Demon) made available PSXTract, which is a tool to decrypt / convert PSOne Classics from PSP / PS3 with details below.
Download: PSXTract Tool / psxtract.rar (Updated) / psxtract-updated.rar (Mirror) / psxtract-src.rar (converted to gcc as compiler, and some fixes) / GIT
From the ReadMe file: PSXTract
Tool to decrypt and convert PSOne Classics from PSP/PS3. Written by Hykem.
This tool allows you to decrypt a PSOne Classics EBOOT.PBP on your PC, using the emulated PSP method. It features a modified version of libkirk's source code to support DES encryption/decryption and the AMCTRL functions.
You may supply a KEYS.BIN file to the tool, but this is not necessary. Using the internal files' hashes, psxtract can calculate the key by itself.
Game file manual decryption is also supported (DOCUMENT.DAT).
For more details about the algorithms involved in the extraction process please check the following sources:
- PBP unpacking: github.com/pspdev/pspsdk/blob/master/tools/unpack-pbp.c
- PGD decryption: emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=3834 (initial research)
- code.google.com/p/jpcsp/source/browse/trunk/src/jpcsp/crypto/PGD.java (JPCSP)
- github.com/tpunix/kirk_engine/blob/master/npdrm/dnas.c (tpunix)
AMCTRL functions: code.google.com/p/jpcsp/source/browse/trunk/src/jpcsp/crypto/AMCTRL.java
(JPCSP): github.com/tpunix/kirk_engine/blob/master/kirk/amctrl.c (tpunix)
- Draan, Proxima and everyone involved in kirk-engine (libkirk source code)
- tpunix (C port and research of the PGD and AMCTRL algorithms)
- PSPSDK (PBP unpacking sample code)
Note for the people using this: Multi Disc ISO support isn't available. You may also expect some bugs with some of the isos.
Update: A small update. Hykem was able to add multi iso support, but the images usually turned out corrupted. I was able to fix that (no idea how though) so here (linked above) it is, psxtract with single and multidisc support.
If any of your discs doesn't work it's because it's probably copy protected. FFVIII didn't work for me until i tried the US version
More PlayStation 3 News...