Following up on his previous revision, PlayStation 3 homebrew developer KW (via kokotonix) has updated PSN Patch to v4.55.06 for PS3 Custom Firmware, which allows users to temporarily disable their CFW, spoof their Console ID and more as detailed below.
Download: psnpatch 4.55.06.zip
[4.55.06] 16/07/2014 Changelog:
- New cobra version spoofing method (to spoof cobra 4.46/4.55 into 4.60) - psnpatch should be able to replace other running version spoofers but it is advised to remove them previously;
- psnpatch plugin has a lot of code changes and optimizations (i.e. opening the way to be started at run-time on non-cobra systems in the near future).
- Includes updated webman plugin 1.30 changed to ignore cobra version spoofing (remove and install from cobra toolbox menu);
Note: DON'T USE HABIB PLUGIN with PSNPATCH Cobra Stealth extensions, as it hangs waiting for dev_habib (writeable flash - disabled by stealth extensions).
The ps2emu switching is already included inside PSNPatch "cobra toolbox" menu (accessible by pressing SELECT in the main menu). (For a full list of changes read included documentation).
This is an app made by KW and based in the works of stoker25 (psidpatch) and user (psnope).
The major objective is to spoof the console Id and disable cfw syscalls extensions in order to make your system more "safe" to go into the psn. (Note that MORE safe doesn't mean IT IS safe!). It also deletes the boot history execution.
The optional cobra plug-ins unloads from memory after activation. Additionally, you can also install RAPs and EDATs, unlock psn game demos and patch 4.50 (and above) games and apps to run in 4.46 systems.
New algorithms specially made for CFW disabling and searching valid user accounts. Firmware independent (except for the optional cobra stealth extensions which depends on the cobra cfw implementations).
The alternative (highly recommended) "stealth version" is disguised as a really OLD Japanese game patch. Which one ? Don't worry. You will know when you run the game and psnpath appears If this is an issue to you, use the normal psnpatch version.
HOW TO USE:
Just install and run. A simple interface will guide you through. Optionally you can install a prx plugin that runs in the background and do all the "spoofing" and CFW disabling from the xmb by means of a simple shortcut (read below).
CFW DISABLE / REMOVE SYSCALLS:
You can execute the app directly after install. This will allow you to remove cfw syscalls and delete execution history. Removing syscall will simulate a official firmware version improving protection level against PSN bans.
Note that after doing this, some home-brew programs (like multiMAN) will refuse to execute. Just mount the game backup you want BEFORE using PSNPATCH to disable cfw.
After CFW is disabled you can play the mounted game backup but cannot mount another one. This "cfw disabling" will only be active until next ps3 reboot.
Press TRIANGLE (3 beeps will inform of the cfw removal success). If there were NO BEEPS it means that the CFW WAS NOT DISABLED!!!
Psnpatch uses 3 complimentary algorithms to improve cfw disabling success rate (plus an additional "OFW mode" for cobra.. see below)
Note: If a mounted game in cobra gives black screen after disabling cfw, try mounting as ISO.
SPOOF CONSOLE ID (IDPS):
If you want to spoof idps and psid, you need to the edit the PSNPATCH.cfg file
(see example).PSNPATCH will scan locations in the following order:
Press SQUARE just to spoof both idps and psid.
ALL IN ONE:
Press CROSS to do a "ALL IN ONE": Spoof idps and psid, disable cfw syscalls and delete execution history. (3 beeps will inform of the success disabling cfw). You can even start psnpatch and keep X pressed until you ear the 3 beeps, bypassing the user interface and back to XMB !
INSTALLING RAPS AND EDATS:
When PSNPATCH starts, it will search for the first valid user account (usually it will be '1', but it can be a different value). Place RAPs and/or EDATs in the folder configured in PSNPATCH.cfg (usually /dev_usb0/exdata/ in a usb stick placed on the right most ps3 port).
- L1 - a log will be displayed on-screen listing the processed games by file type.
- UP/DOWN to change the USB port where to get the RAPs and EDATs.
- LEFT/RIGHT to select the user account where to install.
- Note 1: Advisable not process more than 20 files at the same time (if you sign more, they may not appear in the log).
- Note 2: Once the RAPs and EDATs are installed, you can remove them from the USB stick.
- Note 3: RAPs and EDATs are installed in one user account but available to all users.
- Note 4: RAPs are installed with the current IDPS (original or spoofed) and will work ONLY with that IDPS active!
UNLOCK PSN GAME (C00) DEMOS:
PSNpatch can unlock game demos of c00 type. For each unlocked game there will be created a new EDAT.
Press R1 - A list of unlocked games will be displayed on screen. NOTE: EDATs are IDPS independent (will always work in your system. Even with spoofed IDPS).
PATCHES GAMES TO VERSION 4.46:
There are still many users with 4.46 systems – Rebug or Cobra addicts (that wants the full set of cobra 7.0 functionalities) These users, need to spoof their firmware versions to login into psn.
PSNPatch can re-sign 4.50+ JB (not ISO) game images, psn games, apps (like ps store) and new game patches to run in 4.46 systems. NOT ONLY 4.50 version games: it should also work with future versions.
* Press L2 - A menu will allow to choose where to scan.
Press START. A list of patched games and the number of patched files per game will be displayed on screen. Press START again to reboot the ps3.
* The "Deep SCAN" option will scan every sub-folder it finds. This a very very slow (really slow) scan, but it is essential for games failing the normal patching method (i.e: FF X/X-2)
If you have a game that still fails after being patched, try putting it alone in a /GAMES folder in an external disk (no more games in the external disk, to be faster) and patch with the deep scan option.
You might have to wait 10 to 15 minutes - while the hdd light blinks, psnpatch is working.
* Pressing SELECT enables a [TEST] function.
This function is great to test how long the scan will take and can be interrupted at anytime without any problem, as no writing to the disk is being ade while in [TEST] mode.
Note: this process patches EBOOT.BIN, *.self, *.sprx, and PARAM.SFO files.
- Some newer games (even if working on a 4.46 system after being patched by psnpatch) may fail after updating the game from the ps3 interface.
- This happens because the new patches are being distributed already signed for 4.55 and they are downloaded, installed and launched on the fly.
- In this cases it is needed to get the update pkg file and patch it with a PC before installation or update to a 4.55 CFW
If you don't want the user interface, just execute PSNPATCH and keep pressed CROSS or TRIANGLE until 3 beeps and get back to the XMB.
FIRMWARE VERSION COMPATIBILITY:
PSNPATCH should be compatible with every 4.XX version. It is independent of the CFW "flavor" (rebug, rogero, habib, steve, zer0 … and cobra editions!). Tested with 4.21, 4.25, 4.30, 4.41, 4.46, 4.50, 4.53, 4.55, 4.60. It should be compatible with future firmware releases, as it uses standard syscalls to process the spoofing method.
Starting on 4.55, due to changes in firmware, the idps is read by searching the lv2 memory, without using fixed offsets, so it should keep compatibility between firmware versions. It does the cfw disabling by searching and disabling the known "unofficial” syscalls. Special processing is made for Cobra editions. Equal to every 4.X firmware until now. The remaining functions deals with the ps3 file system and are also compatible with every firmware version.
TESTING IF PSNPATCH WORKS WITH YOUR SYSTEM:
IF you want to be sure psnpatch works in your system:
- edit psnpatch.cfg to define new idps and psid. Put it in the root of a usb stick and place it in the rightmost ps3 usb port.
- Run psnpatch keeping CROSS pressed until you ear 3 beeps or got back to XMB.
- If the system beeped, it means that the cfw disabling was successful.
- You can re-run psnpatch. It should give you an error complaining about cfw syscalls not found and it will display the current idps and psid values.
- You can also run Multiman, Irismanager or any other syscall-dependent homebrew: they will all complain about an “unsupported” or “unknown” firmware version
- Cobra systems are also supported (running in ANY 4.46 or HABIB's 4.53/4.55) with a list of additional functions available trough the COBRA TOOLBOX.
- COBRA TOOLBOX can be used to configure several options: - Cobra stealth extensions (for improved security when disabling cfw and removing dev_habib); - PSNPatch plugin (disable cfw / spoof idps & psid / deletes history / unloads from memory); - webMAN; - XMB webMAN support (add "my games" and remove "app_home" from ); - Swap PS2 emulator mode between PS2ISO and PS2 Classics; - Spoof ANY FIRMWARE VERSION; - Semi-permanent "OFW MODE" ; - PSNPatch plugin can be called with L3+R3+R2; - 3 seconds, 3 beeps, and it is done ! - After disabling syscalls the plugin unloads itself from memory; - If you have a previous version of the above plugins, remove using psnpatch interface, reboot and re-install. - After installing the plug-ins, they will stay resident in memory until being uninstalled from psnpatch interface or unloaded from memory;
- PSNPATCH plug-in disables CFW, deletes execution history, SPOOFs idps and psid, and removes itself from memory. PRESS L3+R3+R2 in XMB to activate. PRESS L3+TRIANGLE+R2 in XMB - safety options for bad plug-ins: it disables ALL plug-ins (renames boot_plugins.txt) and reboot.
COBRA STEALTH EXTENSIONS:
2 opcode extensions for cobra that allows an higher stealth approach - when called, the extensions will remove cobra's syscall table protection, allowing a PERFECT syscall table reconstruction (mimicking OFW).
Use ONLY with supported cobra versions (ANY 4.46 or HABIB's 4.53/4.55 cobra editions). It also extends Cobra systems to support firmware version spoofing using cobra opcodes ! In habib cobra 4.45, dev_habib (writeable flash) will be unmounted after installation of stealt extensions.
These changes are made at stage2.bin level. As it is VERY sensitive to manipulate both ps3 flash memory and cobra's stage files, psnpatch can do this for you. It was tested toughly many different configurations without any issues. But, again, without any warranties! TO install and remove use COBRA TOOLBOX.
COBRA VERSION SPOOFING:
PSNPATCH can spoof ANY firmware version using cobra internal opcodes. The release available at the download link is configured to 4.55 but it is easly changed to any other version !
First, make sure other softwares are not already spoofing a firmware version (as MultiMAN or webMAN). PSNpatch displays the current and the spoofed version (0.00 means no spoofing is in effect, X.XX means an error in cobra configuration file - read below). Besides spoofing version and build number, psnpatch can also update cert files (if any). Run COBRA TOOLBOX and select the spoofing version.
4.53 only: the NEW cobra stealth extensions (the ones that came with psnpatch 2.25+) must be activated for the version spoofing to work correctly. If old (pre-psnpatch 2.25) cobra stealth extensions are installed, you should first remove them, reboot, and re-install again.
Future VERSIONS (OPTION A):
When a new firmware version is released, we need to update the psnpatch.cfg configuration file
(in psnpatch installation folder or the root of an usb stick in the rightmost port).
Use the following syntax (example for 4.55 version):
[Register or Login to view code]
[Register or Login to view code]
(The correct version and build information can be picked from the file /dev_flash/vsh/etc/version.txt that is inside the official firmware pup file).
Future VERSIONS (OPTION B):
Create a file named "force_cobra_version.txt" and put-it in USRDIR of psnpatch with the following syntax (version 4.55 example):
[Register or Login to view code]
This file is great to help advanced users creating update pkg files to easy reconfiguring version spoofing for "dummies"
Future VERSION (OPTION C - needed to spoof 4.60+):
Cobra version spoofing worked for some days after ps3 firmware 4.60 was released. But now we need to forget about cobra spoofing and use traditional version spoofing (update version.txt, index.dat and vsh.self).
To activate this approach, psnpatch needs info regarding the original and "spoofed" files to use.
As an example for a 4.55 to 4.60 version spoofing:
1) update force_cobra_version.txt as for the cobra version spoofing.
2) create a folder under usrdir/files/ named 4.55-4.60;
3) inside this folder create an "original" folder for the original (4.55) files;
4) and a "spoof" folder for the spoof (4.60) files.
That's it ! If psnpatch finds those files it will use the alternative version spoofing method instead of the "traditional" cobra version spoofing. Psnpatch already include the spoofing for cobra 4.46 and cobra 4.55 to 4.60.
Future VERSIONS (NOTES):
NOTE 1: Place the new cert files (if any) in files/cert/ folder.
NOTE 2: 4.53 cobra can only spoof version AFTER installing the new cobra stealth extension (psnpatch 2.25 and above).
NOTE 3: If you want to change the provided configuration: "BE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING !!!"
NOTE 4: If you're getting a reported version "X.XX", use psnpatch to disable version spoofing and reboot. If the version continues as "X.XX" REMOVE webman and and re-install again using psnpatch COBRA TOOLBOX. IF you're still getting X.XX, re-install your firmware from the reocvery menu.
DON'T GO ON-LINE WITH VERSION X.XX OR YOU'LL BE BANNED !!!
COBRA "OFW MODE" Emulator:
Using PSNpatch COBRA TOOLBOX, it is possible to activate a special SEMI-PERMANENT mode that truly "emulates" a OFW (official firmware).
In this mode the lv2 table is recovered exactly as the original OFW. Additionally:
- no plugins are loaded;
- no install_pkg (not possible to install no pkg files);
- no app_home;
- cannot mount game images (JB, ISO, ...);
- webman's "My Games" will not be shown;
- It is NOT POSSIBLE TO SPOOF IDPS & PSID nor DELETE EXECUTION HISTORY !!!
In this mode only official functions are available plus execution of the homebrews previously installed (without the cfw extras).
Note: After activating this mode, to get back to COBRA CFW, psnpatch needs to be executed (or re-install the cobra firmware).
Never execute any homebrew WHILE connected to the PSN ! And the safest way to keep being banned is to be offline!!!
PSNpatch condemns piracy! Use PSNpatch only for legally obtained games and content.
PsnPatch comes absolutely with NO WARRANTY. Use-it at your own risk.
- smhabib for your GREAT WORK in porting COBRA into your CFW's and sharing your experiences !
- cobra authors for the MOST FANTASTIC firmware add-ons !
- stoker25 for psidpatch.
- user for psnope.
- deank for webMAN and multiMAN.
- evilnat and arch by their 4.60 version spoofing approaches.
- flatz, fail0verflow, snowydev, JuanNadie, EXE.trim.ALL, and all other for EDAT signing algorithms.
- all others I've not listed: Without you, it would have been impossible !
- and to every psnpatch user - you are the ones that keep psnpatch project alive
More PlayStation 3 News...