can this be used on a ps3 that is wireless via PC?
can this be used on a ps3 that is wireless via PC?
Last edited by phantom1999; 08-09-2010 at 11:29 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
This can be used on wireless or wired networks, however depending on the wireless signal quality and type the actually speeds may vary greatly compared to Ethernet (wired).
The program will function the same, no matter how the devices are connected to the network.
I hope this answers you question
How do I get the file to transfer? I have it all set up and finished downloading a demo through the manager. It says to go back to PSN and redownload it and it will transfer, but it's just downloading it again at the normal slow pace.
Based on what you've described, sounds like a network speed limitation caused by the way your computer and PS3's are connected to the network.
Is your PC, in the same room as the Playstation console?
If so, I recommend the following as you can achieve 1 Gigabit speeds during the transfer from PC to PS3.
Here's a mini tutorial:
1: Purchase a secondary ethernet adapter for your PC
URL: http://astore.amazon.co.uk/pixoonli-...ail/B000FO6QWM - £6.25
2. This should be an easy, clip into the motherboard on your PC; no soldering or anything complex required.
3. Purchase a 10M Ethernet Cable
URL: http://astore.amazon.co.uk/pixoonli-...ail/B000IT5POY - £1.46
4. Connect your PS3 to the PC using the Ethernet Cable.
Vista / Windows 7:
1. Open the control panel
2. Network & Sharing
3. On right side select Manage Adapters
4. Right Click the device connected to the router (not ps3) and on the advance tab choose, Share this connection.
For XP it should be quite close, however then menus might be called something different.
This will transfer all the PS3 data Direct between the PC & PS3 which is faster than the current connection.
YOUR CURRENT TYPE:
PS3 WIRELESS >> ROUTER WIRED >> PC WIRED >> ROUTER WIRELESS >> PS3
Limited: 20 - 30 Megabits per second. (due to PS3 wireless hardware)
PS3 WIRED >> PC WIRED >> PS3 - 1 GIGABIT PER SECOND
I hope this will help you, and can make a huge difference in network performance in general such as online gaming will be far superior to your current experience.
Do we really need to login to psn in order to redownload the pkg files? Lets say i normal download after logout to psn.. (at home) Then i pause it at 1%, replaced with completed the same pkg files i download (at office)..
Shud i be able to resume it?
internet (modem no router) direct wired to ps3.. my internet connection very slow due to our country internet service provider..
so what used to do is download from my office and go back home..
is this possible...
Hi, I would recommend using a 8GB USB Pen Drive and run the Playstation Download Manager directly from the device.
8GB USB Drive: http://astore.amazon.co.uk/pixoonli-...ail/B000VE2RP6 - £13.99 With free delivery
If the file isn't downloaded via the Playstation Store it isn't activated correctly and may not install; however there is a way to download the file in a different location.
1. Start PSN DM.exe from the USB Drive
2. Start the download from the PSN which will add it to the Download Manager which will save it on the Pen Drive.
3. Right Click the download and choose to pause it.
4. Quit the download manager.
5. Remove the USB Device, and take it to another machine or connection.
6. Start the PSN DM.exe on computer (office) you want to run it from.
7. Right Click the download and choose to resume.
8. Once complete, quit the download manager.
9. Plug it into your home PC, start the PSN DM.exe
10. On PS Store download the file, and it will read it from the USB Drive connected to the PC.
I'm just curious, but why do smaller files (<50MB) still only use 1 segment? Sure they are small files but it is still painfully slow at 10-20kB/s.
This thing is a blessing tho, bigger games that let me use more segments maxes out my line. Thanks Jordan
I've used a different machine to buy several games. The purchased games and updated firmware is on my Original 80gb PS3, whilst my 60gb PS3 hasn't been updated since 3.15.
Is there anyway to download files (from my psn account which I've already paid for) using this program. Baring in mind, that both PS3's are activated for the same account.
In the icon tray is the download manager icon, right click and select options you'll be able to make adjustments to improve the speed for smaller files and bigger ones as well.
You can install content download from any console, as long as your signed in and have access to it in the download history, you'll still need to have the latest firmware on both consoles though.
The activation process will apply upon transfer to the console from the download manager as the file downloaded to the pc is not activated.
hope this helps
Last edited by Jordandyckes; 08-29-2010 at 11:02 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
thanks for this great release.
• PS4 Guides & Tutorials
• PS4 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS4 Videos
• PlayStation 3 & PSN News
• PS3 Guides & Tutorials
• PS3 CFW & MFW
• PS3 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS3 / PSN Game Releases NFO List
• PS3 Reviews
• PS3 Themes
• PS3 Trophies
• PS3 Videos
• PSP & PS Vita News
• PS Vita Trophies
• Site & Gaming Console News
• GameSonic PS3 Manager Updates
• Hybrid Manager PS3 Updates
• IrisMAN PS3 Manager Updates
• Iris Manager PS3 Manager Updates
• MultiMAN PS3 Manager Updates
PS3 CFW (Custom Firmware)
• DARKNET PS3 CFW Updates
• Ferrox PS3 CFW Updates
• Habib PS3 CFW Updates
• Prometheus PS3 CFW Updates
• PS3ITA PS3 CFW Updates
• Rebug PS3 CFW Updates
• Rogero PS3 CFW Updates
• Sky PS3 CFW Updates
• Starz PS3 CFW Updates
PS3 Homebrew Apps
• Movian PS3 Media Center
• PS3 CCAPI (ControlConsoleAPI)
• PS3 NOR & NAND Patcher Updates
• PS3Xport / PeXploit Updates
• No PSN / NoPSN Patch Updates
• PSNDL / PSNDL v2 Updates
• PSNPatch / PSN Patch Updates
• PSNStuff+ / PSNStuffX Updates
• PSN / SEN Enabler & Disabler Updates
• TrueAncestor PS3 Tools Updates
• WebMAN Mod Plugin Updates
• Yutolio's PSN Database Updates
PS3 MFW (Modified Firmware)
• PS3 CFW Creator / PS3MFW UI
• PS3MFW Builder / Our MFW Updates
• Ideas or Suggestions to Add?