05-28-2010 #1Jordandyckes Guest
PSN Download Manager (Booster / Proxy) v1.7 is Now Available
Update #2: PSN Download Manager (Booster / Proxy) v2.07 is available HERE with the changelog, followed shortly by PSN Download Manager (Booster / Proxy) v2.18 which includes more fixes.
Update: PSN Download Manager (Booster / Proxy) v1.92 is now available HERE to download, which contains some fixes as detailed, followed shortly by v1.97 HERE with more changes and a demonstration video below!
I didn't program most of PSN Download Manager (Booster / Proxy) v1.7 and only take credit for merging 3r1c's Proxy Server and MyDownloader to create an application which automatically intercepts the downloads without the hassle of copying the URL from the log into a download manager and then setting up a file redirect.
Download: PSN Download Manager (Booster / Proxy) v1.7
NOTE: My line only downloads at upto 175 Kilobytes, and usually without using this application, the PS3 only reaches around 30 - 40 Kilobytes.
- Built in Proxy Server
- Automatic Interception of PSN Downloads
- Segmented File Download's
- Pause and Resume File Transfers
- Download files while playing PS3 Games
Mr. Labigalini - MyDownloader (SOURCE)
3r1c - Proxy Server (SOURCE)
Develio13 - Mashing the Source
Hope you enjoy, and watch your PSN Downloads fly...
Q: What was the purpose in Mashing the source code?
I wanted an application that could automatically download files from the PSN without copying and pasting the url from the log into a download manager, and finally selecting a file to replace a given url.
Q: How do i use this application?
1. Make sure .NET framework 3.5 or greater is installed.
2. Start Internal IP.bat
3. Write down your IP Address
4. Start your Playstation Console
5. Goto Network Settings and select Internet Connection Settings
6. Proceed with Custom Settings until Proxy Server
7. Choose Use and enter your IP Address, and port = 27
8. Save your changes by completing the wizard
9. Start the PSN DM.exe (NOT Proxy.exe)
Issues and Solutions:
Q: PS3 Downloads not showing in the GUI?
1. Close the application
2. Check for proxy.exe in processes with Windows Task Manager (End Process - If Any)
3. Make sure the path.txt file is in the executable path
4. Check destination folder in the path.txt exists
5. Confirm your proxy settings on the console
Q: When downloading from PSN it says "Please Wait" until error occurs?
1. Once it says "Please Wait" just press Circle and wait until download manager has finished.
2. Download the file from the PSN Again this will take the file from the PC Cache folder instead.
More PlayStation 3 News...
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
I moved it to the Site News, and +Rep for sharing it with the community Jordandyckes!
05-29-2010 #3OGFRAKISTAN Guest
can someone explain to me the purpose of this application? i understand it donwloads psn stuff to your pc. can it download paid OSN stuff? i mean whats the advantage i don't understand..
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
Mainly just what the first post says is the advantage, to save those who use it time and for convenience it "saves the hassle of copying the URL from the log into a download manager and then setting up a file redirect."
05-29-2010 #5deepan Guest
will it work if i download a retail pkg from here and spoof its name in the download folder. and do the above procedure... will it install my pkg?
05-29-2010 #6Raze1988 Guest
Very cool! Could you please provide us with the sourcecode download, too?
I always try to get the source for the sake of inspecting & learning
05-29-2010 #7ramx2 Guest
someone can confirm that the proxy is working ?
05-29-2010 #8lele0o0o Guest
05-29-2010 #9LIL935 Guest
Good work, more than adequate level and quality of file numbers sent at the same time is welcomed in the new update.
05-29-2010 #10xxkrizxx Guest
just curious i have my ps3 fat on 3.15.. can this help me in any way get online or install demos from my pc?
can i use this in any way, or is this just for the people on 3.30?