I can't get it!! I downloaded rockbox in the installation i choose autodetect ipod and it says that is ipod video 5.5gen i install it then it works when i replace the rockbox.ipod with the patched its open and its says that rockbox can start and says to me to make a restore or restart, what i'm doing wrong please help i can't get it!!
My ipod has a broken screen and I got it working no problem.
yeah i fix it, now how i'm gonna install ftp manager on ps3?
1. Search for and find iPod video.
2. Dust off iPod
3. Plug into laptop.
4. Disable iTunes (if it pops up automatically)
5. Download Rockbox and install
6. Open Rockbox
7. Do autodetect and click OK
8. Click on installation tab and install both options
9. Exit Rockbox
10. Restart your iPod
11. I don't think this was necessary, but I allowed rockbox to search for all my tunes and videos - took +- 20mins
12. With file manager - replace rockbox.ipod in the .rockbox folder of the iPod
13. Switch off iPod
14. Plug out of laptop and walk over to PS3 with iPod (still switched off)
15. Swith off PS3 at back (fat) or unplug (slim)
16. Plug in iPod into PS3 (I only have 2 USB ports - used left one)
17. Switch on PS3 at back (fat) or plug in (slim)
18. Switch on iPod
19. Power cycle PS3 (ON in front and immediately press and hold EJECT)
This is where I realised that my system was not on 3.41 so I had to start over from 16. (sigh)- Make sure yours is! If your's is on 3.41, then you you will see that this does take slightly longer to come alive than if you don't JB your PS3
20. WHALLAH!!! Job's done
Hope this helps.
I also installed the backup manager (first one) and am now downloading GOWIII. I am not sure if I would be able to play the backup - time will tell.
iPod 4G Greyscale
iPod Mini 1G
iPod Mini 2G
iPod Video (5.5G)
iriver H10 20GB
iriver H10 6GB
iriver H10 6GB (5.5G)
source: rockbox.org/wiki/DeviceEnableRegistersPP502x#Known_values_for_devic es
Is it possible to run this on a Toshiba Gigabeat F Series?
would it be possible to port to the sansa fuze? I wish I knew how to port it, looks like I will have to get my hands dirty. Where do I begin? I do have a programmers mind
ok, so i put the patched rockbox.ipod file on my 5th gen ipod video. jailbreak works fine, can play SNES etc. can backup a game with backup manager but when i try to play screen goes black and returns to the main ps3 menu after a few seconds. have tried backup manager v1 and 2 by the way.
any ideas what's up?