12-30-2010 #251hardhouseinc Guest
Damn, so I guess only the old school model / fat PS3 / can go back to any version with this process?? I never read that here before...
12-30-2010 #252thexnightmare Guest
I just ordered a fat console, when getting it will notify you.
12-30-2010 #253hardhouseinc Guest
I may try and find a cheap one too to experiment with.
01-02-2011 #254vulcan4d Guest
PS2: CECH-2501A Slim, Built Oct 2010, FW. 3.50
Jig: Teensy 2.0
After confirming PS3 was in service mode:
- File 1 + FW. 3.41 modified = FAIL
- File 1 + FW. 3.15 debug = FAIL
- File 1 + FW. 3.15, 3.20, 3.30 retail = FAIL
- File 1 + FW. 3.41 debug = FAIL
- File 1 + FW. 3.41 kiosk = FAIL
- File 1 + FW. 3.50 = SUCCESS wtf
My PS3 which I purchased with 3.50 will not downgrade. Just a continuous green blinking light with a corrupted OS that needs reloading. Only thing that it will accept with the File 1 is FW. 3.50.
Any suggestions from those who have done this right? I tried the modified 3.41 and nothing either.
01-03-2011 #255iloveyou Guest
Does some of you tried to "Upgrade" via Service Mode ?! I know, curious... but did it work ?
01-05-2011 #256astropat Guest
Sorry in advance for the super no0b questions, but I have FAT PS3 with 3.5 on it currently.
1. Is it currently possible to downgrade my console to 3.41? On page 1 of this Tutorial says it's possible with the PS3 USB JB, recent posts say otherwise.
2. Is it necessary to purchase the "downgrade jig" or are there downloads available to create my "downgrade jig"
01-05-2011 #257CJPC Guest
Depends on which JB device you have - for many there are ways, but for some you can not convert to a downgrade jig.
But yes, if it is available for your stick you can turn it into a downgrade jig.
01-09-2011 #258hardhouseinc Guest
Yup, with the SLIM you can install 3.5 in service mode but you can't go back. Only to the modified firmware it seems and that has problems. Damn slim I hate you!!!
Can anyone explain what this file does for the modded 3.41 firmware. I saw an explanation of installing it here..
But as far as I have tried, again and again, you can't roll back on a slim from 3.5 to ANY firmware...
Any explanations are much appreciated.
01-09-2011 #259joffe Guest
01-09-2011 #260mushy409 Guest