can i ask what tutorial you used and what files? i really need help..
I had the same problem, but after a reinstall of iphodroid and bum it worked...that's why i asked, if you use the original bum.
i used a few tutorials. but basically, i used iphodroid on my mac to get the software onto my iphone, before doing that though i used someone elses method of replacing the 2 files within osx rather than through ssh, by going to show package contents after right clicking the iphodroid icon.
i was unsuccessful on my pc with most methods, even iphodroid wouldnt work, but it all was fine on my mac "leopard".
i used this method, too, so i wonder why you're not able to successfully load a backup? maybe a reinstall of your bum should work?
I will try, I even read to delete preinstalled game data before running which i did, but still no luck getting the game to boot.
i also did the reverse, backing up LBP and inserting SC4, but same result.
I just read something about a patched bdemu.bin? i dunno if that is why my backup manager wont load the backup, is there any chance someone can point me to the iphone 2g files i need to properly get bacup manager to run? thx in advance
The ps3 would just have the green power light on but it wouldn't load into the xmb. When I get the timing right for the On/Eject part, which is after a few lines of code appear after the penguin pops up, I get the same thing as before, but then the ps3 magically starts the xmb and I get the 2 jailbreak folders to appear.
I was able to install the backup manager from a USB stick and I was also able to copy and play the simpsons game from the HD.
My setup is: ipod touch 1g, 3.1.2 jailbroken with blackrain and I have a 40gb fat ps3.
I managed it too with lucky timing. However I saw a youtube video and tried that method and it worked.
* Had the ps3 (slim) in standby mode.
* started up the android process.
* Connected the usb cable to the ps3.
* After init kernel, init rd appears - at this point I pressed the power button quickly followed by eject.
* The JB process begins and runs through a number of lines before constantly displaying "init" line after line.
* At this point I unplugged the power and quickly plugged it back in.
* Hit the power/standby button again quickly followed by repeatedly hitting eject.
* The JB process appeared to stop on the iphone and the XMB loaded complete with the 2 new folders.
edit - setup is Iphone 3g 4.02 jailbroken with redsnow. Ps3 slim 250gb. 1 shot iphodroid.
i tried to put the one shot iphodroid on and it started to do it but then the screen just had the top portion of the word android and would not go further so i had to turn it off and then it was in restore mode so i had to restore all again.. should i have waited longer or what?