- ALL features of my recovery for the Dream are supported (including ABD and Mass storage toggle).
- A new menu-item called "- Run PSFreedom" can be found in the main menu. The menu-item will lead to a submenu allowing you to choose different payloads and even a test shellcode :
- No Blu-Ray emulation (Hermes): This is a modded PSGroove payload, which allows you to play backups without the need of a BluRay disc inside the PS3.
- Blu-Ray emulation : This is the standard payload with Blu-Ray emulation support, which allows you to play backups.
- Homebrew only : This is the standard payload without Blu-Ray emulation support. It does not allow you to play backups.
- Blu-Ray emulation + peek/poke : This is the same as "Standard payload with BD-Emu", with additional peek and poke system calls. It is based on the PSGroove payload. It is only needed by developers.
- Homebrew only + peek/poke : This is the same as "Standard payload without BD-Emu", with additional peek and poke system calls. It is based on the PSGroove payload. It is only needed by developers.
- Test only shellcode : This is a test only shellcode that will force your PS3 to LV1 Panic (beeps, shuts down and blinks the red LED). It is useful to debug whether the shellcode gets executed or not, independently of the content of the payload.
Usage on PS3:
1. First shut your PlayStation 3 down and then flip the power switch in the back to off (on Slim models, unplug the power cable). Disconnect all USB devices (controllers, USB hard drives, etc.) from the PlayStation 3.
2. Boot your phone into recovery mode, select "- Run PSFreedom" and choose a payload.
3. Now, plug your Dream into one of the USB ports and flip the PS3's power switch back to the on position (or plug it back in). Do not turn the PS3 on with the power button yet.
4. For the next step, timing is important. You will need to push the power button and then almost immediately after press the eject button, as if drumming your fingers across the two buttons. When you are successful, the PS3 will take a bit longer to start up.
5. When XMB loads, under the "Game" menu there will be two new options, ? /app_home/PS3_GAME and ? Install Package Files. Congratulations, you've jailbroken your PS3. You're ready to install homebrew applications.
Installation on phone:
This recovery can be installed on any Dream, independent from the rom. Please follow the installation instruction of my regular recovery.
- v1.1.2 : Added Hermes payload
- v1.1.1 : Fixed payload for Blu-Ray emulation
- v1.1.0 : Initial release.
It has been ported long ago... to iphone linux there are guides every where how did you miss it?
Anyways this recovery is great since we don't have to modify the kernel anymore on the rom and no longer lose USB mass storage etc. I was using this I am so glad he ported it over. I now have a ATAVRXPLAIN and thing is awesome!
hey, please tell me this version is possible with iphone 2g.. i know the other one is possible with 2g but to run without a disc in drive is what i'm after. what do i do to the img file for it to work on 2g?
I see your other recovery works on multiple phones, any chance of a port of this to other phones? I'd love to see this as an alternative to the moto droid port. Seeing as that's not a phone supported by your other firmware and that the list of phones you've worked on is mainly non-US, probably not, but its nice to hope.