A few days back we reported on a guide to compile the PSL1GHT Open-Source SDK, and today Matt_P and bigboss have announced that they have added PSEye support to the PSL1GHT SDK while n4ru has updated HeXMBoot (based off XMBoot) to compile XMBoot packages for PS3 JailBreak users.
Download: PSL1GHT PSEye Support SRC / HeXMBoot v1.1.8 for PS3 / HeXMBoot v1.1.9 for PS3 / HeXMBoot v1.2 for PS3
To quote: "Matthew Parlane (Thank you for your explanation about nfid :P) made the real job, I only add EyeToy support in camera sample.
In the other hand, marcan made kinect open source driver (GRANDE marcan!!!!), ummm a port for PSL1GHT? perhaps I need more free time.
You can get my changes at https://github.com/bigboss-ps3dev/PSL1GHT"
From the HeXMBoot ReadMe file:
NOTE: YOU NEED TO HAVE THE SONY PS3 SDK INSTALLED ALONG WITH 010 HEX EDITOR v3.
1. .rar the following files in the PS3_GAME directory for the game of your choice (NOT THE DIRECTORY ITSELF.)
The name of the .rar should be the ID of the GAME (IE: BCUS00000). The game should have the same directory filename (9 characters). If it happens to be 10 characters (IE: BCUS-00000), rename the directory. You should/might have the following files rar'd:
- ICON0.PNG [Required]
- PARAM.SFO [Required]
2. Place the .rar inside the same directory as HeXMBoot. Do not have more than one .rar at a time.
3. If you need Direct Boot or Hermes Fix, open up options.conf in the HeXMBoot directory and change 0 to 1 for desired option.
4. If you need to change the directory, open up directory.conf in the HeXMBoot directory and change the directory.
5. Run HeXMBoot. Your .pkg should be compiled.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE FREEZING DURING COMPILATIONS SIMPLY CLOSE HeXMBooT AND OPEN IT AGAIN.
More PlayStation 3 News...