We are a team of 3 guys who have been working on a Nintendo 64 emulator for quite some time now, and we have decided to go out with the news since now our N64 emulator is officially working on the PS3.
We still have a huge load of things to work on, but it's playable and N64 is finally working on the PS3.
What we have done so far:
- 1 player (keyboard only)
- We have succeeded to enable gameshark codes
- Graphics works excellent on most games we have tried; Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, Ridge Racer 64, Diddy Kong Racer, Mario Kart 64, Banjo Kazooie and 1080 Snowboard.
- Games we have tried that are jerky (so far): Duke Nukem 64, Doom 64, Hexen 64 and WCW Smackdown 64.
Issues (we are working on):
- Audio is not working yet.
- A user interface and the ability to edit and change files such as controller settings, cheat codes, etc. (We do all this over FTP now).
- Game menu (we now have to upload one game at the time).
- PS3 controller, (we now have to use a USB keyboard).
We have decided to use ps3news and youtube to communicate with you guys, and if you want to help us out, feel free to either email us at email@example.com or PM us on youtube.
We will upload videos for every new feature or issue we fix, so please subscribe to us on youtube. We want to keep you guys updated so you can follow our process.
And we will of course update you here as well since this is the official ps3 news website for hackers. Please share the video and all that stuff.
Here's the youtube video we just uploaded:
And have a nice day
More PlayStation 3 News...