Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: PS3MrEnigma on PS3 Mount Points, FileSystems and Alejandro

  1. #11
    deank Guest
    C:\>dir k:
     Volume in drive K is New Volume
     Volume Serial Number is 30C6-F15A
     Directory of K:\
    File Not Found
    C:\>format k: /FS:UDF
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    The new file system is UDF.
    Enter current volume label for drive K: New Volume
    Proceed with Format (Y/N)? y
    Formatting 76317M
    79 percent completed.
    No success...

    I tried a lot of different things but always get an error (0x8001002B).

    * ERROR_KERNEL_I/O_ERROR: 0x8001002B

    If I use non-existing port I get 0x80010002.

    If I apply the firmware patches to lv2 from waninkoko's source my PS3 locks...

    It will be nice if there was an explanation what these kernel pokes do:

    		.patches = {
    			     { 0x800000000018F6B0ULL, 0x480000483C008001ULL },
    			     { 0x800000000018F720ULL, 0x480001202F9F0000ULL },
    			     { 0x8000000000192480ULL, 0x4800004C4092FEC4ULL },
    			     { 0x8000000000192520ULL, 0x600000002FBA0000ULL },
    			     { 0x800000000019282CULL, 0x63BD06664BFFD67DULL },
    			     { 0, 0 }
    I tried

    	ret2 = syscall_837("CELL_FS_IOS:USB_MASS_STORAGE000", "CELL_FS_UDF", "/dev_usb000", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);
    	ret2 = syscall_837("CELL_FS_IOS:USB_MASS_STORAGE001", "CELL_FS_UDF", "/dev_usb001", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);
    	ret2 = syscall_837("CELL_FS_IOS:USB_MASS_STORAGE", "CELL_FS_UDF", "/dev_usb", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);
    Try to unmount first with syscall 838... still no go

    static uint64_t syscall_837(const char *device, const char *format, const char *point, u32 a, u32 b, u32 c, void *buffer, u32 len)
    	system_call_8(837, (u64)device, (u64)format, (u64)point, a, b, c, (u64)buffer, len);
    static uint64_t syscall_838(const char *device)
    	system_call_1(838, (u64)device);

    I compared my original level2 kernel with the patches posted above:

    POKE: [COLOR="red"]48 00[/COLOR] 00 48 3C 00 80 01 
    ORIG: 40 9E 00 48 3C 00 80 01
    ADDR: 0x800000000018F720
    POKE: [COLOR="red"]48 00[/COLOR] 01 20 2F 9F 00 00
    ORIG: 41 9E 01 20 2F 9F 00 00
    ADDR: 0x8000000000192480
    POKE: [COLOR="red"]48 00[/COLOR] 00 4C 40 92 FE C4
    ORIG: 40 9E 00 4C 40 92 FE C4
    ADDR: 0x8000000000192520
    POKE: [COLOR="red"]60 00 00 00[/COLOR] 2F BA 00 00
    ORIG: 41 82 02 DC 2F BA 00 00
    ADDR: 0x800000000019282C
    POKE: [COLOR="red"]63 BD 06 66[/COLOR] 4B FF D6 7D (this one looks like setting READ/WRITE permissions...
    ORIG: 63 BD 00 2B 4B FF D6 7D
    I don't have an asm/disasm to check the opcodes, but it will be much appreciated if anyone can find more info on this.


  2. #12
    barrybarryk Guest
    The GameOS probably throws a logic error trying to mount a UDF as write not protected, as it's expecting all udf discs to be optical media.

    Try it with the write protect mode flag as 1 instead of 0.

  3. #13
    deank Guest
    I'll give it a try... I managed to 'block' all my USB ports by setting them to UDF by poking some values in the kernel table of connected devices... Tried to format the hdd as exFAT and to mount it as EFAT but that didn't work either (error 0x80010037)...

    Nope... still error 80010037... I formatted the disc as udf 2.50... I can't even get it working with regular FAT32 USB... trying to unmount it (works) and then to mount it back (doesn't work - error 8001002b).

    I'll dump my lv2 and check the mount table for the BD rom and then will try to copy it to a usb mount table.

    Edit: Some progress... I found out what one of the poke data means: pokeq( 0x800000000019282CULL, 0x63BD[COLOR="red"]0666[/COLOR]4BFFD67DULL ); compared to original :63 BD 00 2B 4B FF D6 7D

    This one patches the kernel to return XXXX0666 error, instead of the real one (like in my case 8001002B).

    I changed it to 0000. I managed to unmount /dev_usb000 and mount it back... that's something.

    I mounted my USB stick as /dev_bdvd and /dev_bdvd appeared in the root folder (without having original BD disc inserted)


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts