He has now updated version 0.2 again with the following changes: It now supports sending zips for apps that need data files!
PS3Load GNPDRM PKG Now Updated for PS3 3.55 with Bug Fixes
Following up on the earlier releases, today PlayStation 3 developer an0nymous has updated PS3Load which allows users to run PS3 SELF programs via wireless or wired network with some make_self bug fixes as outlined below.
Download: PS3Load GNPDRM PKG (580.47 KB)
To quote via PS3 Dev Wiki (ps3devwiki.com/index.php?title=Dev_Tools#ps3load_3.55_make_self_f ixed):
Older versions of ps3load would not work on 3.50/3.55 ("sysProcessExitSpawn2" won't work proper), and you had to use 3.41 instead. This is no longer an issue with the recent version ps3load which fixed the (make_self) issue for 3.55 standalone precompiled version to try: ps3load.gnpdrm.pkg (donít forget to delete your old version first)
1. make your app, produce at least an ELF
2. sprxlinker yourapp.elf (this should be done for you if you use any of the samples)
3. make_self yourapp.elf yourapp.self
4. load ps3load on the PS3
5. define the PS3LOAD environment variable in your favorite shell with tcp:ip_addr (where ip_addr is your the ip address of your PS3)
6. ps3load yourapp.self[/list]
- [eussNL] an0nymous solved the make_self
- [eussNL] it was never a problem of ps3load, but from make_self
- [eussNL] also, 3.50++ added memory protection (W^X)
More PlayStation 3 News...